Heavy is 1 of the 5 classes available in Gears of War 4 Horde Mode. They use heavy and explosive weapons like the Boomshot, Mulcher, and Buzzkill. This class is about hitting the enemy hard with the most powerful weapons they can get their hands on.
I’m going to go over what the Heavy class can do, as well as a few tips on playing it. If you want general help with horde, check out my Gears of War 4 Horde Mode guide.
This guide will go over the basics of the Heavy class in Gears of War 4 Horde Mode including:
- Heavy Basics – What the class does, their loadout, and skills.
- Heavy Tips – Tips for playing the class.
Heavy has a simple concept: hit the enemy hard. There are several heavy weapons they can use and they deal a ton of damage to group of enemies as well as hard to kill enemies.
The focus of this class is to help your team by taking out priority targets and thinning out the horde when you start to get overwhelmed.
- Boomshot – Grenade launcher that deals explosive splash damage.
- Retro Lancer – Assault rifle with a bayonet at the end for impaling enemies.
- Boltok Pistol – Revolver that deals high damage.
There are also multiple other explosive and heavy weapons that can be used, but I’ll list those in the skills section.
Remember, you have to unlock some skills and equip them before you get the effects.
- Explosive Launcher Capacity – Any Explosive Weapon you carry (Boomshot, Dropshot, RL-4 Salvo, and Torque Bow) can hold more ammo.
- Explosive Launcher Damage – Any Explosive Weapon you carry deals more damage.
- Explosive Launcher Reload – Any Explosive Launcher you carry can reload faster.
- Heavy Weapon Damage – Any Heavy Weapon you carry (Trishot, Buzzkill, Mulcher, and RL-4 Salvo) deals more damage.
- Marked Damage – You do more damage to marked enemies.
- Mortar Strike – Adds the ability to activate a mortar strike to the Fabricator.
- Only players with this skill equipped can activate it.
- Pistol Expert – Any pistol you carry, Snub or Boltok, does more damage for each shot until you reload.
- Turret Capacity – Any turret you build has increased ammo.
- Turret Damage – Any turret you build does more damage.
- Pistol Expert and Marked damage are great picks
- Marked damage is great because it will increase your overall damage, especially if you have a Sniper with the marked skill marking enemies.
- Pistol Expert is great because the Boltok is really strong and there are times when you won’t/can’t use a Heavy or Explosive weapon.
- Save Explosive Weapons for group of enemies
- The strength in Explosive weapons lie in the splash damage it can do to multiple enemies, so use it when you need to clear out groups.
- Heavy Weapons are great against bosses and strong enemies
- These do immense damage, so make sure you have them ready for the hard to kill enemies.
That’s it for my Gears of War 4 Horde Mode Heavy guide. Let me know if you have any questions!