Scout is 1 of the 5 classes available in Gears of War 4 Horde Mode. It is all about running in first to gather Power and depositing it for your team. If you are playing Scout, you should be comfortable with close-range attacks and willing to get the closest to enemy lines.
I’m going to go over what the Scout class can do, as well as a few tips on playing it. If you want general help with horde, check out my Gears of War 4 Horde Mode guide.
This guide will go over the basics of the Scout class in Gears of War 4 Horde Mode including:
- Scout Basics – What the class does, their loadout, and skills.
- Scout Tips – Tips for playing the class.
Even though the Scout sounds like a long-range or spotting class, it is not. It is a close-range attacker that stays near the enemy.
They do this because of skills they get to increase shotgun and melee damage. They can also have a wider range to pick up Power and deposit more in the Fabricator.
This class is the closest the game has to a tank.
- Retro Lancer – Assault Rifle that has a ramming melee ability that impales enemies.
- Gnasher – The classic Gears shotgun. Great for taking people out at close-range.
- Snub Pistol – Small pistol that deals average damage. Good if you need to conserve ammo for your other weapons.
Remember, you have to unlock some skills and equip them before you get the effects.
- Brawler – Deal more melee damage and take less melee damage.
- Deposit Bonus – Adds bonus Power to the Fabricator when you deposit Power.
- Energize – Gain health when you pick up Power.
- Health Boost – Increases max health
- Health Regeneration Boost – Health regenerates faster when wounded.
- Pickup Distance – Increases radius of Power pickup.
- Rage – Gain a percentage of Shotgun or Melee damage you deal back as health.
- Shotgun Capacity – Any shotgun you carry can hold more ammo.
- Shotgun Damage – Increases the damage you deal with Shotguns.
- Shotgun Magazine – Any shotgun you carry can hold more in the magazine.
- Speed Boost – Increases your movement speed.
- X-Ray – Lets you see enemies through walls while you are in Tac-Com.
- Always be near the enemy, but stay on alert
- You want to be close to get the Power, and deal more damage, but it does no good if you are dead.
- Always pick the Deposit Bonus
- This skill is great for the whole team because it allows them to build things faster and more often.
- Get the Health and Movement skills
- These are great for staying alive and getting to the enemy and Fabricator quickly.
That’s it for my Gears of War 4 Horde Mode Scout guide. Let me know if you have any questions!