There are many Exfil points on the Zombies map, but once you start the Extraction mission, a new one will appear. Our guide will provide you with tips on how to complete the Extraction mission in CoD MW3 Zombies.
CoD MWZ: How to Complete the Extraction Mission
Collect Loot and Exfil to the New Map
As soon as you spawn in Urzikstan of the Zombies mode, after about a minute in real-time, a special Exfil marker with a star next to it will appear in a random spot on your tac-map. That’s where your squad must travel to deploy to Dr. Jansen’s location, which technically starts the Extraction mission of Act I.
Usually, you get 45 minutes to collect weapons, ammo, and upgrades before going to the Exfil location, as you won’t have such an opportunity during the mission itself. But I’d like to suggest a different tactic to avoid any possible bugs or misunderstandings:
- One of your squadmates should immediately reach the Exfil point without getting any of the loot first.
- Once you reach the auto-ping at the Exfil point, don’t call upon the helicopter just yet, and don’t get inside.
- Actually, no player in your squad should sit in the helicopter before anyone else finishes collecting loot, or the game will force all players to start the mission, which is undesirable.
- That’s why I must stress the importance of waiting until the very end of 45 minutes or until everybody’s ready to deploy with all the loot you need for the mission.
Access the Communications Tower
Once you finally deploy to the new secret map, you need to identify the coordinates of Dr. Jansen’s location by accessing the Communications Tower, which is usually located in the very center of the new map.
Reach the top of this building, killing all the zombies, and be especially careful when the helicopters with the mercenaries arrive. You basically need to defend the building with the Communications Tower until you see the mission statement change to “Search for Dr. Jansen.”
At this point, I urge you to open your tac-map and look for the yellow marker, which will indicate the coordinates of Dr. Jansen’s location. This marker usually points to a building with a basement, where they keep her.
Deploy to Dr. Jansen’s Coordinates
Once you arrive at Dr. Jansen’s coordinates, you need to enter the underground facility. As soon as you actually find Dr. Jansen, do the following:
- Start the “File Deletion Progress” per mission request.
- Defeat all the zombies that spawn before all files are deleted.
- Once done, escort Dr. Jansen out of the building towards the new Exfil point on your tac-map.
- Board the helicopter with Dr. Jansen.
Note that she’ll be very useful during the escorting and boarding process, dealing lots of damage to zombies trying to prevent you from reaching the Exfil point. But as soon as you get there, you’ll have to defend the helicopter for about a minute, and then it’ll go off. Once the interrogation cutscene begins, it means that you’ve successfully completed the Extraction mission of Act I.
That’s all you need to know on how to complete the Extraction mission in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Stay tuned for more CoD MW3 tips and tricks articles right here for topics like how to complete Legacy Fortress and how to use Chunks of Flesh.