The Winter Wonderland Event for Overwatch is now live and runs until January 2nd. It comes with 13 new skins, new emotes, new voice lines, and more. There is also a special event game mode called Mei’s Snowball Offensive.
I’m going to go over everything added in this event, as well as some patch notes.
This guide will go over everything in the Winter Wonderland in Overwatch including:
- New Skins and Winter Loot Boxes – All 13 new skins, who they are for, and what they look like.
- Mei’s Snowball Offensive – New 6v6 game mode.
- Symmetra Update – Important changes in the latest patch.
New Skins and Winter Loot Boxes
This event brings Winter loot boxes, which you can earn by leveling or spending real money. You have a chance to get one of the 13 new skins when you open a Winter loot box.
- Mccree, Mei, and Zarya got new emotes.
- Ana, D.Va, Mercy, Pharah, Reinhardt, Soldier: 76, Torbjorn got new Victory Poses.
- Everyone got new voice lines.
- Symmetra and Widowmaker got new highlight intros.
Lucio – Andes
Mccree – Scrooge
Mei – Mei-rry
Pharah – Frostbite
Reaper – Shiver
Roadhog – Rudolph
Sombra – Peppermint
Torbjorn – Santaclad
Tracer – Jingle
Winston – Yeti
Zarya – Frosted
Zenyatta – Nutcracker
Mei’s Snowball Offensive
This is a 6v6 game mode where everyone plays as Mei with a Snowball Blaster. It only has 1 shot, but can be reloaded at snow piles.
Defeat the enemy 3 times to win. You play on the Ecopoint: Antarctica map.
- New ability: Photon Barrier – Generates a large barrier in front that blocks enemy fire as it travels forward. Replaces Photon Shield.
- New Ultimate Ability Option: Shield Generator – Places additional shield to allies within the radius.
- This applies regardless of obstacles in the way, such as walls.
- You can choose between this and the old Teleporter.
- Increased range of her primary fire from 5 to 7 meters.
- Can hold 6 turrets at once instead of 3.
- Teleporter health has been reduced from 200 to 50.
- Shields has been increased from 0 to 350.
That’s it for the Winter Wonderland update for Overwatch. Let me know if you have any questions!