The launch of the highly entertaining physics-based critter fighting game Party Animals has been marred by several error codes. These appear for players for various reasons during log-ins. One of those is the “Failed to fetch account data. Please try again.” Error Code 10002. As the description says, it deals with the player’s account information not being registered correctly. Here’s how to fix error code 10002 in Party Animals.
How to Fix Error Code 10002 in Party Animals
Make Sure the Game is Updated
One of the most common causes of Party Animals error code 10002 is not having the latest version of the game installed. Though the game is buggy at the moment, the developers are working hard to fix errors judging from the Steam Discussions.
Therefore, it’s possible they have already fixed 10002 for you, and you don’t have the latest version. Check the Party Animals store page and update to the most recent patch of the game. The same goes for consoles as well.
- On Steam, you should see the green “Play” button replaced with a blue “Update” button when trying to play the game. You can also go enable automatic updates for Party Animals by right-clicking the game in your library, choosing Properties, and then clicking Updates.
- On Xbox, games should automatically update by default. However, go to My Games and Apps, choose Manage, and then select Updates.
Verify Game Files
Another simple thing you can try that can be the cause of the error is to verify your game files. Users have reported this fixed their login issues on forums. Essentially, this process will check the integrity of the game files and make sure that everything is working as it should.
Follow these steps:
- Open up your Steam library.
- Right-click on Party Animals.
- Click on Properties.
- Select the Local Files tab.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
Wait for the process to finish, and try starting the game again.
Restart Party Animals and Steam
This is always a good troubleshooting method to try. Simply restarting Party Animals or the Steam App can clear any issues you may be experiencing. It’s low effort and can have big payoffs.
Try Clearing Your Cache
Lastly, clearing your cache is the last resort. The process is slightly more complex, but simply follow the steps below:
- Close the game if it’s running.
- Hit the Windows key + R to open the Run window.
- Select the dialogue line, type in %localappdata% and press Enter.
- The Local AppData folder will open, and you should locate the Party Animals folder.
- Once opened, you’ll see the “cache” folder.
- Right-click and select Delete.
- Once the cache is gone, try opening the game again.
You can also clear your Steam App cache by clicking Steam in the top left corner of the app. Then choose Settings and click downloads in the pop-up that appears. From there, click “Clear Cache” at the bottom.
The server code for Party Animals is actively improving and updates are frequently being released. That said, the game has its flaws and it requires users to constantly try logging in after a few minutes due to errors.
We hope this guide has helped you to fix error code 10002 in Party Animals. If all else fails, try some of our fixes for the error code 10007 that also commonly pops up. Also, you might be interested in some of our other Party Animals guides.