The Cactus is a long-ranged plant in Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare. It is the sniper of the team and has various tricks at its disposal to take down zombies. To play a Cactus most effectively, stay at range, stay out of sight, and know when you need to switch from sniping far away to planting traps.
The new abilities for the Cactus provide alternate ways to use their abilities. Whether you want your drone to last longer, stronger shields to plant, or more mines, you can change your play style accordingly. I'll go over each new ability for the Cactus, the differences between the old and new ones, the best time to use each, and tips on all of them.
This guide will cover everything about the alternate abilities for Cactus including:
- Cactus Alternate Abilities - What they are and what they do.
- Ability Differences - How the new abilities compare to the old ones.
- Ability Tips - When to use each version of the abilities and combat tips.
Cactus Alternate Abilities
The normal abilities for the Cactus are: Potato Mine, Garlic Drone, and Tallnut Battlement. The alternate abilities are: Potato Nugget Mine, Artichoke Drone, and Iron Maiden.
Potato Nugget Mine
The Potato Nugget Mine allows you to place more potato mines than the normal version of this ability. They are smaller and do not do as much damage though.
- When you need to cover more areas with mines, go with the new Potato Nugget.Mine.
- Mines are great for slowing down or stopping zombies, so the more the better.
- Even though they don't do as much damage, they still do a decent amount. Use these when you can watch over the area.
- Combining the extra mines with your normal attacks, or drone, will allow you to do even more damage.
- These work well in garden ops to take out more summoned zombies.
- The Potato Nugget Mine is also a great support ability. You can cause damage to more zombies and your allies can finish them off.
The Artichoke Drone has more health than the Garlic Drone. In exchange, the Artichoke Drone does less damage and only sends down one corn during the Corn Strike. The cooldown is lower for the Corn Strike though.
- Although the Artichoke Drone does less damage, the extra health makes up for it. Send it out to harass zombies that try to get to your garden.
- The increased health makes this a better scout than the Garlic Drone. Send it out to see where the enemy team goes, and to find the portal the Engineers are building.
- The Corn strike is not as powerful since it only sends one, but the lower cooldown is fantastic. Use the Artichoke Drone to give support to your team.
The Iron Maiden is not as wide as the Tallnut Battlement, but it takes a lot longer to kill. You also can only place one at time instead of two for the Tallnut Battlement. Even though you can only place one though, you can place as many as you want each time the cooldown is over.
- The Iron Maiden is better overall than the Tallnut Battlement, even with the reduced width.
- Place an Iron Maiden in a commonly used path to greatly slow down the enemy.
- Watch over the area until you can place more, or have two or more Cacti place Iron Maidens to completely block off an area.
That wraps up the Cactus ability guide. If you have any questions, or suggestions, let me know in the comments! For more help with Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare, visit the Master Guide List.