The Remnant 2 Flames Puzzle in the Great Hall and Council Chamber might be tricky at first. However, it’s fairly easy to solve once you understand the mechanics and clues. Our guide discusses the solution to this brain teaser, as well as the two rewards that you can obtain.
How to Solve the Great Hall and Council Chamber Flame Puzzle in Remnant 2
To solve the Flames Puzzle, you need to make all the fires have the same color: all blue or all white. However, due to the dynamic campaign progression feature, you’re not always guaranteed to stumble upon this during your playthroughs. In my case, I first saw this room in the Great Hall when I was on my way to fight the Red Prince boss. It also appeared in another run when I reached the Council Chamber.
Flames Puzzle Solution
The Flames Puzzle takes place in a room with a large door at the end. There are five braziers on the left and right-hand sides, and these fires are either blue or white. Here’s what you need to know:
- Shooting a flame causes its color to change, as well as the color the fires that are beside it (i.e., the ones to its left and right).
- For instance, if we number the flames from one through five, and we shoot flame #3 (middle), that will change the colors of flames #2, 3, and 4. However, if we shoot those at either end, such as flame #1 (leftmost), it will only change the colors of flames #1 and 2.
- As such, the idea is to make sure that the flames closer to the edges have matching colors first, before switching the ones that are closer to the middle.
- Once you have all flames along a side with matching colors (i.e., all blue or all white), do the same for the opposite side.
Flame Puzzle Rewards: Black Pawn Stamp or White Pawn Stamp
Once the Remnant 2 Flame Puzzle has been solved, the large door at the end of the room will open. Moreover, expect enemies to appear, including elites. In any case, you’ll receive a particular reward depending on whether you went with “all blue” or “all white” for your solution. You can pick this up by going up the steps in the newly-revealed room.
- If all flames are blue, you’ll receive the Black Pawn Stamp, which reduces the cooldowns of all skills by 10%.
- If all flames are white, you’ll receive the White Pawn Stamp, which reduces mod power requirements by 10%.
It’s really up to you which one you prefer. I personally chose the White Pawn Stamp since I like using deadly mods like Hot Shot, and unique mods from the Enigma and Crescent Moon. Lastly, bear in mind that you can only get one reward per run since the other door won’t open. As such, you have to roll an Adventure Mode run if you want to obtain the other ring.
And that’s it: that’s all you need to know about the Council Chamber and Great Hall Flames Puzzle in Remnant 2. For more tips and strategies, you can visit our Remnant 2 guides hub.