Learning how to beat Red Prince in Remnant 2 can be sweet since the boss goads you into battle in Losomn’s Gilded Chambers dungeon. He’s also a fairly unique opponent since you don’t even need to fight him at all. Our guide goes over his abilities and the strats for fighting him. It’s also possible to skip this fight entirely, and you very well may want to.
How to Beat the Red Prince in Remnant 2
There are two ways to complete Red Prince encounter: you can either beat him in battle, or skip the fight entirely by offering tribute. Here’s what you need to know:
- Fight the Red Prince — You have to watch out for multiple abilities, such as flaming sword attacks, spectral clones, curse blight, and a fire tornado.
- Skip the battle — This requires you to obtain three Crimson King Coins so you can offer them as tribute.
I discuss both these branches in this guide. In my case, I did not come across this boss when I first did the Nightweaver main quest in Losomn. Instead, I had to fight Magister Dullain. The random nature of the game means you might have to take it to Adventure mode.
I only chanced upon the Red Prince during an Adventure Mode run. Deep in the Gilded Chambers, I found him sitting on a throne. There, he chided my character for trespassing in his lair. He also asked me for tribute. If you defeat him with the Assassin’s Dagger, you’ll get his crown.
Red Prince Boss Abilities
You can fight the Red Prince by responding with: “I am not your subject. I will not pay tribute.” You can also do this if you choose the “pay tribute” option and you have less than three Crimson King Coins. Here are the boss’ abilities that you need to watch out for:
- Curse Blight — The boss’ attacks cause the curse blight, which lowers your maximum HP threshold per stack.
- Teleport Strike — If the boss is further away, it will teleport toward you and follow up with a cleaving slash.
- Flame Swords — Multiple swords will appear, flying toward you before returning to your foe.
- Flame Crescent — Creates a projectile that homes in on your location.
- Knights of the Round — Summons multiple specters that can also cast Flame Crescent.
- Infernal Tornado — At 50% HP, the boss will create a tornado that surrounds the chamber. The only safe spot is the circular platform in the center of the room.
Red Prince Strategy
To beat the Red Prince, I suggest purchasing the Hex Ward ring from Nimue. This prevents the curse blight, so you won’t have to worry about losing a portion of your max HP if you get hit. His projectiles can be easily avoided with careful dodge rolls. Even better, if he ends up in the lower section of the platform, his projectiles won’t hit you. Just be ready when he teleports to close the gap.
In my case, I used the Medic and Engineer classes. The former grants healing capabilities, while the latter has lets you deploy turrets that are invaluable for the fight. The Handler is also a great option.
It’s also worth noting that the Engineer’s turret can track various targets, including the spectral clones. What made it truly helpful, for me, was that it also detected where the boss would emerge during the Infernal Tornado phase. I was able to prepare for its lunging melee attacks and survive longer.
How to Skip the Red Prince Boss Fight via Crimson King Coins Tribute
The Red Prince skip method is for those who can offer a tribute of three Crimson King Coins dropped by Sword Fae elites. These targets look a bit like the Witch King of Angmar from The Lord of the Rings.
Sword Fae elites wear a spiked helmet and can teleport around. However, because they’re elites, you have to roam back and forth the Gilded Chambers dungeon, taking out other enemies until they spawn. In some cases, a different elite, such as the Iron Maiden, might appear, which doesn’t drop the coins you need. In my experience, I had to rest at the checkpoint several times just to reset the enemies in the area.
Once you offer the tribute of three Crimson King Coins, the Red Prince will thank you for your gift. But, since your character is still a trespasser in his domain, he orders his knights to kill your character via cutscene. When your character awakens, however, you’ll see that the Red Prince is nowhere to be found, and the encounter is considered completed, too.
Rewards: Fire Storm Mod or Blood Draw Mod
You can earn different rewards depending on how you beat the Remnant 2 Red Prince boss:
- If you chose to fight and take him out in battle, you’ll get the Forlorn Fragment, which is used to craft the Firestorm mod. It has the following effect: Creates a whirling cyclone that pulls in nearby enemies, applying burning for 10 seconds. The center of the cyclone deals 75 damage per second and lasts 15 seconds.
- If you chose to skip the battle, you’ll get the Bloody Steel Splinter, which is used to craft the Blood Draw mod. It has the following effect: Shoots out razor sharp Chain Shards that impale up to five targets and deal 10 damage. The Chain Shards pull enemies toward you, dealing 250 damage split evenly, while also applying 275 bleeding damage over 15 seconds.
That’s how to beat the Red Prince boss in Remnant 2 — or not, should you choose to skip him entirely. For more tips and strategies, visit our Remnant 2 guides hub.