There are a variety of opportunities to earn XP in Starfield. From completing endless missions for L.I.S.T., the Trackers Alliance, or Constellation to just traveling the stars and completing planetary scans, gaining experience points is fairly easy. But there are always more efficient ways to do things. If you’re looking to power farm levels, however, there are a few notable locations to key in on. Here are the best XP farming locations in Starfield.
Best XP Farming Locations in Starfield
General Tips for Getting XP Fast
When it comes to gaining XP quickly in Starfield, there are a few general things you want to do, regardless of your level.
Sleeping gives you the Well Rested buff, which increases XP gains by 10%. If you have a lover traveling with you, sleeping next to them gives you a 15% XP bonus. Both of these buffs last 24 hours or reset upon sleeping again.
Load Up on Quests
If you’re in town, you want to check the various kiosks and grab as many missions as you can. Quests from Constellation or L.I.S.T. where you must find specific planetary traits or complete a planetary scan work well when farming XP. Quests focusing on taking out pirates in space combat are good to focus on, as well. This is especially good to pursue when multiple quests are completed on the same planet or in the same system.
Take XP Boost Items
There are different Aid items you can take that boost your XP gain for a short amount of time. The easiest of these to find are the Tranquilitea drinks, which can be bought from Tranquilitea cafes and are sometimes found at Terrabrew cafes. These are all items you can take for the buff:
- All Tranquilitea Teas: +1-2% XP gain for 15 minutes.
- Boba Alien Tea: +2% XP gain for 15 minutes.
- Alien Tea: +1% XP gain for 15 minutes.
- Chapaguri: +2% XP gain for 30 minutes.
- Sunray Tonic: +2% XP gain for 30 minutes.
- Xenoyaki: +2% XP gain for 30 minutes.
- The Strip: +2 XP gain for 30 minutes.
- Shepherd’s Pie: +1% XP gain for 60 minutes.
Go to Populated Planets
When looking for planets to explore, you want to focus on those with a large amount of flora and fauna. The more you need to scan, the more chances for XP you have to gain. Even if the flora is lower, as long as the planet or moon has many animals you can kill, you’ll gain XP quickly.
After a planet or moon is chosen, look for landing sites where biomes meet. This means you can complete a scan more efficiently and have access to multiple biome-locked resources without having to travel long distances. This is especially important when looking to set up an outpost, which pulls materials from different biomes.
Early Game XP Farming Locations
During the early game, you want to look at planets that are just a bit higher than your level. This increases the XP you’ll earn while the chance of you dying to a creature on that planet remains relatively low.
- Polvo: Polvo in the Valo system has a high amount of fauna and is relatively low level. You can stop over at HopeTown if you need to heal or stock up on ammo. It also has a couple of side quests. You can also gather Animo Acids, a rare organic material, from the Canis Palms found on Polvo.
- Tau Ceti 8-B: A Level 10 system, Tau Ceti is great to explore when you’re just starting. There are seven different species of alien creatures to hunt, with the most XP coming from the aggressive crickets you can find there. There’s also the rare inorganic resource Tantalum (Ta) that can be mined.
Late Game XP Farming Locations
- Masada 3: Level 75 systems are great end-game farming locations. You can encounter high-level enemies and creatures and gather unique or exotic resources. On Masada 3, these include Solvent, Hypercatalyst, and Ytterbium.
- Schrodinger 3: There are many different plants and animals to be found on Schrodinger 3. One of these is the Foxbat, which drops the unique organic resource Luxury Textile. You can also find Stimulant and Sedative here.
- Bardeen 3: This planet has the highest amount of fauna. With 11 different animals, that’s the most I’ve found in any of the systems. It also has eight different plants, letting you gather the following organic resources:
- Gastronomic Delight
- Amino Acids
Those are some of the best XP farming locations in Starfield. Don’t forget to keep track of the item buffs you have going, as well as sleep before departing on any planetary adventures. All of this combined will have you leveling faster than ever. For other walkthroughs, like those for quests, making credits fast, or item locations, check out our guides hub.