You best be prepared for a massive area that requires you to use various devices. Our guide discusses how to solve the Desolate Island Drilling Party puzzle in The Talos Principle 2.
How to Solve the Desolate Island Drilling Party Puzzle in The Talos Principle 2
You can solve the Desolate Island Drilling Party puzzle in The Talos Principle 2 by alternating between the Driller and droid duplicates. Take note that this is puzzle room #8 in this zone.
Desolate Island Drilling Party Puzzle Solution
The Talos Principle 2 Drilling Party puzzle takes place in a large area. There’s one Driller device that you’ll repeatedly use, as well as a couple of droid duplicates that you’ll take control of. Below, I outline what I did during my playthrough:
- I had the main robot take the Driller to the top ledge overlooking the entire area. From there, I took control of the droid to the right and I stepped on the plate.
- I switched back to the main robot, using the Driller to bore a hole on the far-left wall.
- That allowed the droid to link the Connector with the red light source and the red receptacle at the right-hand side.
- I then had the droid exit the left side enclosure. I had it pull the Connector through the hole, so I could place it on the plate. This unlocked a second Connector.
Here’s where things can get a bit confusing, so pay attention:
- Link one Connector to the red source and place it on the plate of the small enclosure to the right.
- Take the second Connector and link it to the first Connector, the red source, and the red receptacle (the one in the corridor with barriers).
- Place the second Connector on the plate at one end of the corridor. Next, have one droid step on the other plate to remove the barrier.
- The other droid should then take the second Connector and bring it to the central enclosure.
- Next, the main droid should bore a hole using the Driller, allowing the beam to pass through and hit the receptacle. Take note of the angle here, and pull the Connector through the hole you just made.
- Alternate between the two extra droids so they could keep barriers open. The important thing is that you place the Connector on the second plate and that the beam still hits the receptacle.
You’re almost done, so don’t worry. Here’s what you need to do next:
- One of the droids should return to the right-hand side enclosure to put the Connector next to the rusty wall.
- Have the main robot bore a hole through that via the Driller.
- Next, have the other extra droid pull the Connector through the hole.
The above steps will allow you to place that Connector on the plate so you can unlock the terminal. Mercifully, this challenge is over.
That’s it: that’s everything you need to know about how to solve the Desolate Island Drilling Party puzzle in The Talos Principle 2. For other tips and tactics, you can visit our Talos 2 guides hub.