There’s a big world out there for you to explore, but you might want to know how to speed things up a little. Our guide discusses how to fast travel in The Talos Principle 2 so you can revisit zones.
How to Fast Travel in The Talos Principle 2
You can fast travel in The Talos Principle 2 by using the Capsule in the initial area of each zone. Bear in mind, however, that this function won’t always be available for every sector right from the get-go.
When Can You Fast Travel While on the Mysterious Island
You’ll be able to make use of The Talos Principle 2 fast travel method once you have access to the Capsule and you’ve visited the first puzzle sector, the Grasslands Ring. If you interact with the Capsule once more, you’ll notice that you can go back and forth Grasslands Ring and the area with the Megastructure.
Additional zones also become available, though these are based on progression. Here’s a quick summary:
- The Mysterious Island is divided into four quadrants based on the cardinal directions (i.e. east, north, south, and west). There are three sectors/zones in each quadrant.
- Some puzzle clusters, such as those in the east, will become available as you steadily progress by completing puzzles and visiting the tower in the Grasslands Ring. For instance, by clearing Grasslands Ring (East – 1), you’ll have access to the Wooded Plateau (East – 2).
- Others might have all three puzzle clusters available as soon as you reach that part of the campaign. A good example is the southern portion (i.e. South – 1, 2, and 3), which can be visited at your leisure upon reaching the third act.
I personally suggest visiting each puzzle cluster based on their numbering. Although you’re free to tackle any zone when it becomes available, I’ve noticed that gradual progression still comes into play. As such, there might be certain mechanics or concepts that you’d miss out on if you jump way ahead (i.e. checking out South 3 before South 1).
Fast Travel Restrictions
There are also a few restrictions to keep in mind:
- You can’t just jump from one quadrant to the next without progressing further in the campaign. This usually requires clearing all three puzzle sectors and entering the tower in each respective zone.
- The Megastructure area can be revisited, but you only enter the gargantuan structure itself at certain points in the campaign.
- You won’t be able to fast travel back to New Jerusalem initially, but a certain story tangent does take you back to the capital.
That’s it: that’s everything you need to know about how to fast travel in The Talos Principle 2. If you’re still starting out, you might want to learn about how to find puzzles/secrets and how to skip puzzles completely, as well as how to return to New Jerusalem. For other tips and tactics, you can visit our Talos 2 guides hub.