Entering a gargantuan building is the least of your concerns since there are more challenges that await. Our guide discusses how to solve the first set of Megastructure puzzles in The Talos Principle 2.
How to Solve the First Set of Megastructure Puzzles in The Talos Principle 2
You can solve the first set of Megastructure puzzles in The Talos Principle 2 by going across Tetromino bridges and activating the three beams in each area. Here’s a quick summary:
- You’ll see the pyramid-shaped Megastructure in the distance as soon as you arrive on the mysterious island.
- However, you’ll only gain access to the interior after you’ve cleared the towers in the three eastern zones: Grasslands Ring, Wooded Plateau, and Eastern Wetlands.
- You can tackle the puzzles/beams in any order. I personally just went about exploring and I stumbled upon each puzzle at my leisure.
- I should note that there are chasms that you need to cross, and this is done by building bridges using Tetromino blocks. I can definitely say that I relied more on trial and error to get past these areas.
- After you complete each Megastructure puzzle in The Talos Principle 2, you’ll have to pull the lever to activate the beam cannon.
Red Beam Puzzle Solution
Here’s the solution for the puzzle near the red beam cannon:
- Place the Inverter on the Hexahedron, then target the blue light switch and the red receptacle.
- In the small enclosure past the transparent barrier, have the red beam target the second Inverter, then link that with the blue receptacle.
Blue Beam Puzzle Solution
Here’s what you need to do for the blue beam cannon:
- You’ll see a couple of receptacles, but ignore those for now. Instead, cross the chasm to reach a floating ledge with a Connector and an RGB Converter.
- Link the Connector with the red light source and target the red receptacle across the chasm.
- Go back to the receptacle area and pick up the other Connector. Link that with the blue light, and target the RGB Converter.
- The RGB Converter should now have a green beam. Have that laser target the green receptacle all the way across the chasm and the platform.
Green Beam Puzzle Solution
The green beam puzzle has a fairly simple solution, though it’s not that obvious at first:
- Link the Connector with the red light source, as well as the two receptacles (i.e. the one behind the wall and the one behind the barrier).
- Use the driller to bore a hole through the wall, allowing the laser to hit the receptacle behind it.
- The barrier will dissipate. However, because you “pre-linked” the red beam, the other receptacle will also get activated.
That’s it: that’s everything you need to know about how to solve the first set of Megastructure puzzles in The Talos Principle 2. Don’t forget that you’ll revisit this location at certain points in the campaign, so you might want to know about the second set of challenges. For other tips and tactics, you can visit our Talos 2 guides hub.