If you want to gather Paracausal Flakes in WoW: Dragonflight, you’ll need to know how Time Rifts work. Time Rifts have you complete tasks with the Bronze Dragonflight, and your rewards with reputation and Paracausal Flakes. My favorite part is they take place at the top of every hour, so I don’t have to watch or spend time waiting out of fear that I’ll miss it.
How Time Rifts Work in WoW: Dragonflight
- Time Rifts have two phases.
- Paracausal Flakes are used to purchase cosmetics and gear for alts.
Yes, that’s right. You can get some cosmetic gear from doing Time Rifts, or you can grab gear for alts, which is always a nice boost. Another nice feature is that since the rifts have two phases, you can still get Paracausal Flakes if you miss the first phase as both will give out rewards. You’ll find Time Rifts in Thaldrazsus.
Time Rift Phase One
The first phase for a Time Rift lasts 10 minutes and will have you complete tasks such as killing as many enemies as possible within that time frame. These objectives will show up on the right side of your screen much like when you do a scenario.
Time Rift Phase Two
The second phase for a Time Rift has you enter a portal into an alternate timeline. There are seven possible timelines:
Regardless of which timeline you end up in, your goal is to kill the boss of the Time Rift, which is the Fractured Causality. Aside from the reputation and Paracausal Flake rewards you get for completing the phase, the Fractured Causality can drop items like cosmetics and Veteran gear.
Time Rift Reward Breakdown
- Phase One
- 1000 Temporal Essence = 20 Paracausal Flakes and 15 Soridormi Reputation
- 2000 Temporal Essence = 40 Paracausal Flakes and 30 Soridormi Reputation
- 1000 Temporal Essence = 80 Paracausal Flakes and 60 Soridormi Reputation
- Phase Two
- Paracausal Flakes
- Soridormi Reputation
- Cosmetics (chance)
- Veteran 1/8 Gear (iLevel 402)
- Weekly Quest “When Time Needs Mending”
- 350 Gold (estimated)
- 1000 Paracausal Flakes
- 2750 Soridormi Reputation
- 1 Drake’s Shadowflame Crest Fragment
- 1 Dilated Time Capsule, used for armor and weapon purchases
- 1 Encapsulated Destiny, get an extra reward from your next Time Rift
- Participation Rewards
- Slaying enemies = 1-2 Paracausal Flakes and 1-2 Soridormi Reputation
- Completing Tasks = 30 Paracausal Flakes and 30 Soridormi Reputation
- Killing the Time Rift boss = 150 Paracausal Flakes and 400 Soridormi Reputation
Time Rift Vendors
You can find the Time Rift vendors next to the location where the rifts spawn, but very slightly east of the location marked on the map featured earlier in this piece. They’re at Tyrhold Reservoir where you’ll also spot Soridormi.
- Shi Everbreeze sells Bronze Dragonflight armor and weapons.
- Gill the Drill sells A.Z.E.R.O.T.H-themed items.
- Falara Nightsong sells Azewrath-themed items.
- Sir Finley Mrrglton sells Azmerloth-themed items.
- Baron Silver sells Azmourne-themed items.
- Provisioner Qorra sells Azq’roth-themed items.
- Sorotis sells Ulderoth-themed items.
- Warden Krizzik sells Warland-themed items.
Now that you know how Time Rifts work in WoW: Dragonflight, you can help Soridormi manage timelines while earning rewards for yourself, or you might want to check out more guides like how the newly returned Spirit stat works.