In Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom you’ll quickly learn that when it comes to taming wild horses, you don’t always get the strongest or fastest, one around. Thankfully, you can enhance and even revive your registered ponies with a little help from Malanya the Horse God. In this guide, you’ll learn exactly how to access Malanya and how to upgrade your horses in TotK.
How to Find Malanya the Horse God in TotK
The Horse God can be found at Malanya Spring, located on the map above and at coordinates 4293, 3208, 01580 in northeast Akkala.
To access Malanya, you’ll have to offer an Endura Carrot. I recommend bringing one with you before bothering to travel there. I found Endura Carrots at these locations:
- Cherry Blossom tree at Satori Mountain (-2310, -0346, 0348)
- Rutile Lake (-2450, -0578, 0201)
Related: How to Use the Horse Towing Harness
How to Upgrade Horses
The process is overall pretty straightforward, but you’ll have to feed the horse God more than just a carrot.
- Go to Malanya Spring.
- If you haven’t already, give Malanya an Endura Carrot.
- Talk to Malanya and select the option “Enhance a horse.”
- Choose the horse and ability you’d like to upgrade.
- You’ll then have to exchange a meal for the upgrade, all required recipes are listed below.
Malanya Horse God Upgrade Recipes
- 1 star: 1x Fried Wild Greens
- 2-3 stars: 1x Copious Fried Wild Greens
- 4-5 stars: 3x Vegetable Curry, 3x Hot Buttered Apple, 3x Carrot Cake
- 1-2 stars: 1x Salt-Grilled Greens
- 3 stars: 3x Glazed Veggies, 3x Steamed Tomatoes
- 4-5 stars: 3x Vegetable Omelete, 3x Veggie Cream Soup, 3x Apple Pie
- 1-3 stars: 3x Honeyed Apple, 3x Veggie Porridge
- 4-5 stars: 3x Vegetable Risotto, 3x Carrot Stew, 3x Cream of Vegetable Soup
- 1-2 stars: 1x Veggie Rice Balls
- 3-5 stars: 3x Copious Fried Wild Greens, 3x Veggie Porridge
Well, that’s it for our guide on uprading horses with Malanya the Horse God. Be sure to check out our other guides at our Zelda: TotK guides hub.