Minecraft has sold enough copies to form a country
Minecraft has sold over 100 million copies on its various platforms. Whether you're a fan of Minecraft or not, you've got to admit that that is quite impressive. Mojang revealed the achievement today, joking that perhaps they need to take a break with Minecraft since they've already sold 100,000,000 copies. They also posted some helpful infographics to display the milestone. Let's talk more numbers in regards to Minecraft:
- On June 1st, the video game's sales were exactly 106,859,714.
- If every person that has purchased Minecraft were to form a nation, it would have the third largest population.
- Over 40 million players spend time in the Minecraft world every month. That's enough people to circle the entire Earth one and a half times.
- Minecraft has sold four copies to crafters in Antartica!
- They have also averaged 53,000 sold per day since the beginning of this year.
Will Minecraft continue its insane popularity and reach even higher milestones in sales? Leave a comment with what you think will happen!