Overwatch Year of The Rooster Event Guide
The latest Overwatch event, Year of the Rooster, is live! Other changes come along with it in the latest patch -- which I'll also go over. This event lasts for 3 weeks, with the last day on February 13th.
During this time you will get Lunar Loot Boxes and the ability to get more than 100 seasonal cosmetic items. There is also a new 6v6 game mode that is similar to capture the flag.
This guide will go over everything in the Overwatch Year of the Rooster event including:
- New Game Mode - How Capture the Rooster works.
- New Skins - Each new skin available during the event.
- Character Balances - Changes to certain characters in the patch.
New Game Mode - Capture the Rooster
This is a 6v6 game mode that works like capture the flag. The goal is to capture 3 flags while defending your own. The first team to 3, or the most win time runs out, wins.
Of course there are new skins, everyone's favorite part of Overwatch events. There are 12 characters with new skins and a total of 13, Mei has 2. The characters with new skins are: Ana, Bastion, D.Va, Junkrat, Mei, Mercy, Reinhardt, Roadhog, Symmetra, Tracer, Winston, and Zenyatta.
Below is a list of every skins and what they look like.
Ana - Tal
Bastion - Rooster
D.Va - Palanquin
Junkrat - Firework
Mei - Change'e and Luna
Mercy - Golden
Reinhardt - Wujing
Roadhog - Bajie
Symmetra - Qipao
Tracer - Rose
Winston - Wukong
Zenyatta - Sanzang
- Biotic Grenade
- Reduced effect duration from 5 seconds to 4 seconds
- Reduced healing boost on allies by 50%
- Health increased from 200 to 400
- Armor decreased from 400 to 200
- Fusion Cannons
- Bullet damage decreased from 3 to 2
- Number of bullets per shot increased from 8 to 11
- New hero option: Allow backwards wall ride
- When enabled, allows Lucio to start wall riding while moving backwards.
- Chain Hook
- Targets are now pulled to in front of Roadhog instead of directly to him.
- Hooked targets are now released if they leave Roadhog's line of sight before being pulled.
- Line of sight is now from Roadhog's position and not the hook's position.
- Cooldown reduced from 12 to 8 seconds.
- Time to hack target decreased from 1 to 0.8 seconds.
That's all that was added in the latest patch and Year of the Rooster event in Overwatch. Let me know if you have any questions.