11 awesome Easter Eggs in Super Mario Maker's title screen
Since Super Mario Maker is dated to be released next month, September 11th, some press copies are going out to large publications, and they're already having a field day with them.
GameXplain has received a copy of the game and discovered that in the title screen Nintendo has added some adorable Easter Eggs if you're a curious soul who searches for the extra bits. Below is a compilation and description of the 11 that were found and featured in GameXplain's YouTube video.
Nintendo themed Easter Eggs
While Super Mario Maker is yet to be released publicly, 11 Easter Eggs on the title screen were found, and there's bound to be plenty more once the public has their hands on the game. Below is the full list of Easter Eggs that are found so far, so beware there are spoilers if you plan to find them yourself.
The Easter Eggs all revolve around the title "Mario Maker" in the headline, where pressing letters brings awesome effects.
- the "M" in Mario turns into a W and makes Wario sounds
- the "A" in Mario causes shooting stars to spray through the screen and a train whistle
- the "R" in Mario causes an array of coins to shoot out with a cash register sound effect
- the "I" in Mario makes a bird fly over and sit on the letter
- the "O" in Mario causes one of the flying contraptions that the Koopalings use to pop up, letting Mario fly in it
- the "M" in Maker causes a shell type helmet to appear where Mario can wear it
- the "A" in Maker turns into a rocket ship with a vocal countdown and disappears off-screen to the top, and reappears coming from the bottom of the screen
- the "K" in Maker alters the screen temporarily with an old-timey theme resembling sepia, where pressing the K again turns it off
- the "E" in Maker causes a jumping platform to fall from the letter giving Mario an extra boost
- the "R" in Maker drops down a Yoshi egg, bringing the dynamite team of Mario and Yoshi back together again, where you can ride on Yoshi through the title screen
- Finishing up the Easter Eggs is the classic ending to any Mario level, where Mario is able to ascend upon the flag pole and take off Bowser's flag, replacing it with his own.
I have to say when I thought of Easter Eggs within the title screen some of these weren't that surprising, but instead a nice refresher to what we all loved about the original Mario games.
What Easter Eggs would you have preferred to see?