Rogue Legacy 2: How to Find and Use the Mysterious Key
The Mysterious Key is used to get the alternate ending in Rogue Legacy 2, which is technically the true ending to the game.
This guide will show you how to find and where to use Mysterious Key in Rogue Legacy 2. Note that this item becomes available only at the end of the game, so don't expect to obtain it and reveal its secrets before you reach the finale.
How to Find Mysterious Key in Rogue Legacy 2
Mysterious Key is a drop from one of the last bosses in Rogue Legacy 2, known as Jonah. He can be found in the Garden of Eden, which can be accessed via the Citadel Agartha biome.
Jonah is a highly mobile enemy, who uses dashes and is capable of teleportation. Use ranged attacks once he jumps onto the tree, and if he gets really close, then react immediately by slashing him with your melee weapon.
When Jonah is finally defeated, you need to fight another boss: Cain Prime, found in Castle Hamson. Once you defeat this boss, go back to Jonah and speak to him again to receive the key.
Where to Use Mysterious Key in Rogue Legacy 2
Since the Mysterious Key tells you nothing about its application, you need to figure it out on your own. So here's what you need to do:
- Go back to the Tutorial zone.
- Reach the eastern tower.
- Use platforms to climb up to the very top.
- Jump off to your left.
- Land on the snowy roof of a structure below.
- Locate a small campfire and drop down right under the campfire.
- Go to your right through an invisible tunnel until you reach the prompt to open the door.
- Drop down to the very bottom in the next room.
- Use the Mysterious Key to open the door on the bottom.
Inside the hidden room you will find a number of Eupraxia's Notes, revealing more of the game's lore. Also, you will find the Divergent Dimensions Scar, which requires players to battle the mind and eyes of the Rebellion.
- Rogue Legacy 2: All Heirlooms Locations
- Rogue Legacy 2 Tips & Tricks Beginner's Guide
- Rogue Legacy 2 Traits Guide
- Rogue Legacy 2 Early Access Review: Back at the Castle Gates
That's all you need to know on how to find and use Mysterious Key in Rogue Legacy 2. Also, be sure to check out the rest of Rogue Legacy 2 tips and tricks articles on our dedicated hub page.