Some players who’re having problems with their frames-per-second in Ark Survival Ascended are wondering where the VSync option is. So let’s talk about how to turn on VSync in Ark Survival Ascended.
This is one of those tedious moments where the option should just be an in-game setting but it isn’t. Still, there are several ways to force the option on either through game files or your GPU control panel. Let’s show you how.
How to Turn on VSync in Ark Survival Ascended
Since this isn’t an in-game option, we’ll have to improvise. I’ll show you two ways to enable VSync so you can pick and choose which one suits you best. At the end of the day, they’re both quite simple.
Method 1: Editing the Settings .ini File
The first way is to open up a single game file where we can turn on VSync manually. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open up your Steam library and locate ASA.
- Right-click on the game and select “Manage” then “Browse Local Files”.
- This’ll open the installation directory where you need to go to “ShooterGame/Saved/Config/Windows”.
- Locate and open the “GameUserSettings.ini” file (I recommend making a backup).
- Find the “bUserSync” line and change its value from “false” to “true”.
- Save the file and relaunch ASA.
VSync should now be turned on. If it’s not go back to the “GameUserSettings.ini” file and also change the line “vsyncmode=1” to “vsyncmode=0”. Save and relaunch the game. If anything goes wrong you can just replace the “GameUserSettings.ini” file with your backup.
Related: How to Change Language in ASA
Method 2: Enabling VSync in Your GPU Control Panel
This is another simple way to enable VSync and it’s done through your Nvidia or AMD GPU control panel. Here’s how to do it for Nvidia cards but the process is similar for AMD as well:
- Right-click an empty spot on your Desktop and open the Nvidia Control Panel.
- In the upper-left, click on “Manage 3D settings”.
- Open the “Program Settings” tab.
- Click on the drop-down menu titled “Select a program to customize:”.
- Locate ASA and select it.
- Scroll down through the options until you see “Vertical sync”.
- Click on the dropdown menu to the right of the option and select “On”.
Now you can exit the control panel and relaunch the game.
Whichever method you use, now you know how to turn on VSync in Ark Survival Ascended. This should hopefully fix your FPS problems. We hope this article was helpful and for more tips on the game check out our ASA guides hub. If you have other performance problems maybe these articles on useful performance-boosting commands and reducing tether distance will be helpful.