The warrior in Bound By Flame is like the classic warrior class in most RPGs. They wield two-handed weapons, hit hard, and soak up damage. Unlike pyromancer, you don’t keep your distance. No need to use hit and run tactics like dual wielding players, just get up in the enemy’s face like a boss.
Just be sure to master blocking and parrying, or you will be eating the floor a lot. This guide will help you understand how a warrior fights, along with some tips to get better. For anything else Bound By Flame related, visit the Master Guide List.
This guide will cover everything about warrior combat including:
- Warrior Stance – What it is and why it is important.
- Combat Basics – Basic tips to help you master this fighting style.
- Warrior Skill Tree – What it is and why you should use it.
- Feats – Helpful feats for this fighting stance.
Warrior Stance – Stand tall
In order to fight with two-handed weapons, you have to get in Warrior Stance. To do this, open the tactical menu and select Warrior Stance. Alternatively, you can press the switch combat stance button.
As long as you have either a two-handed sword, hammer, or axe, you’ll pull it out when you attack in this stance.
Combat Basics – Master the Guard Break
When using this stance, you get access to Guard Break. On shielding enemies, this breaks through their defense and makes them vulnerable for a short time. For other enemies, it interrupts what they are doing. Mastering this will stop enemies from doing power attacks, which could save your life.
- If you see an enemy charging up, or sitting in one spot, use guard break. It can stop their attack from ever happening and gives you a chance to attack.
- Use it often on non-melee enemies to give you an advantage.
Blocking and parrying are two other important things. Blocking is more important for warriors because they can’t dodge and attack at close range. If you block at the last moment of an enemy’s attack, you’ll parry and counter-attack them.
- Watch strong enemies, especially bosses, for fight patterns. If you pay attention, you’ll know when an attack comes and can parry with ease.
Besides the normal attack, you get a circular attack. This is chargeable and hits multiple enemies at once. The more you charge, the longer the attack goes.
Warrior Skill Tree
Just holding a two-handed weapon and fighting doesn’t make you a warrior. To get the most out of this play style, you have to put skill points in the warrior tree. Below are explanations of each branch in the tree.
- Powerful Attack – This enhances your normal attack. It involves increasing damage and ability to interrupt.
- Circular Attack – This enhances your area attack. You’ll be able to reduce charge time and increase radius, among other things. You also need points in both this and Powerful Attack, to put points in Rage. Rage gets triggered from killing enemies and increases health regeneration.
- Vitality – This significantly increases health regeneration and resistances to all forms of damage. Definitely worth putting points in.
- Guard Break – This enhances Guard Break to have a higher chance of interrupt and ability to knock down enemies.
- Parry – This enhances your ability parry. It lets you parry from all sides and chance to critically hit with a parry.
These passive skills are separate from your skill points so you can get these without sacrificing your skill tree. I’ll show you some that are helpful to warrior.
- Tough and Colossus are important for the health boosts they give.
- Everyone needs Practical and Passionate because it increases experience gained from killing enemies.
- It is a good idea to get Swashbuckler, Slugger, and Executioner, because you never know which weapon you’ll have. They each give a bonus to either swords, hammer, or axes.
- Healer is a good choice because you’ll get more health back when using healing potions. As a warrior, you’ll most likely take more damage than normal.
That’s everything on warrior combat in Bound By Flame. If you’d like help with anything else, please check out the Master Guide List. If you have any questions, or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below!