Bound By Flame Guide: Dual Wielding Combat Tips
Bound By Flame gives you multiple choices when it comes to combat. One of those is dual wielding daggers. This combat choice is faster pace and requires more precision than two-handed weapons or pyromancer. You also need to avoid being hit more. For people who like fast, rogue/ninja-like combat, this is your weapon stance of choice.
For anything else Bound By Flame related, check out the Master Guide List.
This guide will cover everything about dual wielding combat including:
- Stealth Stance - What it is and why it is important.
- Combat Basics - Basic tips to help you master this fighting style.
- Ranger Skill Tree - What it is and why you should use it.
- Feats - Helpful feats for this fighting stance.
Stealth Stance - Attack from the shadows.
Before you can even start fighting with daggers, besides equipping them of course, you have to switch to stealth stance. To do this, open the tactical menu and select stealth stance. Alternatively, you can press the switch combat stance button.
As long as you have daggers equipped, you'll pull them out when switching to stealth stance.
Combat Basics - Dodge all the time.
When using this stance, you get access to dodging. I suggest you use it. Without dodging, you're going to have a hard time. Enemies are relentless in this game and this fighting style requires a lot of quick attacks. The only way to survive is to dodge as many attacks as you can.
- When you dodge right before being attacked, you can riposte. You'll see a slight slow down, like bullet time, and can get an extra attack in.
- Pay close attention to your enemies attack patterns. If you watch closely, you'll know when they attack and can dodge them.
- Charging up your assault attack unleashes a flurry of attacks. Use this when your enemy is defenseless.
- Move Constantly. Besides dodging this it the most important. Move often and attack in short bursts. If you do this, you can take out enemies without every taking damage.
Ranger Skill Tree - Choose the right skills.
Knowing how to fight isn't the only important part about dual wielding combat. You also want to pick skills to improve yourself passively. The Ranger skill tree is the one that increases your skills with daggers.
I'll do an in-depth guide on each ranger skill, but for now, here are some things to keep in mind.
- If you want to increase your dodging skills, go to dodging on the skill tree and put point in all the skills connected to it. These skills increase riposte with things like extra critical hit damage and increased time to riposte after dodging.
- Blocking doesn't have many skills, but they allow you to sprint in combat, move faster while parrying, and take less damage when moving or dodging.
- The Stealth skill line lets you move faster, do more damage, and not get detected easily while you're in stealth.
- Fast Attacks and Assault are your two ways of attacking. Both skills lines increase damage and critical hit chance of each respective attack. You also need to max both if you want the ability to poison your enemies while attacking with daggers.
When you get 24 points in the ranger skill tree, you unlock Speed Demon. This slows down time for 10 seconds to make it easier to dodge and attack quickly.
Feats - Helpful boosts.
In Bound By Flame, you don't get just skill points when you level, you also get feat points to spend. There are a variety of categories, but I'll tell you some useful ones for dual wielding combat in this guide.
- Tough and Colossus are always good to have because they increase your health. If you think you can dodge things like a pro, skip it. For safety, go for these.
- Take Practical and Passionate no matter what you do. They increase the experience you get for killing enemies.
- Assassin is the only one you need. It increases critical hit change of daggers by 2%.
That's it for this guide on Dual Wielding Combat in Bound By Flame. If you'd like help with anything is in Bound By Flame, visit the Master Guide List. If you have any questions, or suggestions, let me know in the comments!