Bounties play a big part in your Destiny 2 Guardian Games experience in, and some of them are tougher to complete than they probably should be. One such bounty, Void Feast for Warlocks, is causing a bit of a stir.
What the bounty asks of you and what you have to do are a little bit at odds. This guide will tell you how and where to complete the bounty fast.
Note: In the “This Week at Bungie” article for the week of 4/25, Bungie noted that they are aware of the issue with Void Feast and the Devour ability. Hopefully, a fix will be released soon.
How to Complete the Destiny 2 Warlock Void Feast Bounty
Once you pick up the Void Feast bounty from Eva, you’ll note it says you need to defeat 10 enemies with Devour twice. What is doesn’t specify is what part of the Devour ability you need to defeat enemies with.
For those unsure how to activate Devour, you’ll be using the bottom tree in the Void Warlock subclass, Attunement of Hunger.
Devour is the first ability you unlock in this tree, keyed to your melee attack. You’ll activate the ability if it has a charge, and you kill an enemy with said melee. You’ll later unlock the additional ability to consume your grenade charge to activate Devour.
You would be forgiven for believing that all you need to do is defeat 10 enemies quickly two times to complete Void Feast. Nope. It’s more complicated than that, but understand that this isn’t because of some bug Bungie didn’t squash. Blame the writing here, because it’s clear as mud.
What you actually have to do is: activate the Devour ability by defeating 10 enemies with a charged melee attack between two different lives. Yes, you have to die between each streak, but you can’t die during the streak, or it resets.
The Best Way to Complete the Destiny 2 Void Feast Bounty
Lost Sectors are your best friend for completing this and almost any other bounty that asks you to get a certain number of kills in a certain way. Your best bets are:
- Kingship Dock in Thieves Landing on the Tangled Shore
- The Orrery in Artifact’s Edge on Nessus
- Core Terminus in Braytech Futurescape on Mars
- Any Trostland Lost Sector on the EDZ
Escalation Protocol is also a great option, though farming the enemies you need could be a little harder if you’re competing with other players for kills, and the risk fo death is significantly higher.
Best Void Feast Farming Loadout
The following loadout is ideal for completing the Void Feast bounty:
- Use the Monte Carlo Exotic auto rifle and Claws of a Dire Ahamkara Exotic gloves. Kills with the Monte Carlo recharge your melee ability. The Claws give you two melee charges before you need to re-up.
If you don’t have one or either of those exotics, the following strategy applies:
- Maximize your Strength stat, as it’s what governs how fast your melee recharges.
- Use the Nezarec’s Sin exotic, which decreases your ability cooldown for every Void kill you get, weapon or ability.
- If you just want to always have a melee charge, head to either The EDZ or Nessus and move between Public Event flags, recharging whenever you’re out. It’s not efficient, necessarily, but if your load times are short, it might still be faster than waiting for your melee to recharge.
Regardless of how you go about it, as long as you can string together 10 Devour-activating melee kills without dying, twice, you’ll complete this bounty in no time.
Check out our other Destiny 2 guides and keep our guides hub ready. More Guardian Games content is on the way.
- Destiny 2: How to Upgrade Moon Bunker
- Destiny 2: How to Upgrade the EDZ Bunker
- Destiny 2 Guide: Pit of Heresy Dungeon
- How to Get the Dream Breaker Fusion Rifle in Destiny 2: Shadowkeep
- How to Find the Trove Guardian in Destiny 2: Shadowkeep