The Final Fantasy 16 Ragnarok is one of the best weapons in the game. Boasting amazing stats, it’s sure to make quick of all the foes you’ll encounter later in the campaign. Our FF16 Ragnarok guide discusses where to get this weapon via Blacksmith’s Blues IV, as well as other related facets.
How to Get Ragnarok in Final Fantasy 16
How to Start the Blacksmith’s Blues IV Side Quest
The Final Fantasy 16 Ragnarok sword is a reward for completing the Blacksmith’s Blues IV side quest. Here are the requirements before it becomes available:
- Complete the Through the Maelstrom main quest, which leads to Across the Narrow.
- Complete Blacksmith’s Blues I (Drakeslayer’s Belt), Blacksmith’s Blues II (Excalibur), and Blacksmith’s Blues III (Ouroboros).
- If you’re done with the above, you should be able to talk to August in the Hideaway.
- You’ll then be tasked with returning to Dravozd, south of the Hideaway. It’s the same place where you did Blacksmith’s Blues III.
How to Defeat the Akashic Horde
Now, let’s talk about the Final Fantasy 16 Blacksmith’s Blues IV quest. Upon returning to Dravozd, talk to the NPCs and tell them that you’re ready. This leads to a cutscene, one where many Akashic-corrupted creatures appear.
The initial waves involve the following enemies:
- Wave 1: Akashic Bighorn and Akashic Wolves.
- Wave 2: Akashic Scorpions and Akashic Leg Eaters.
- Wave 3: Akashic Griffin.
How to Defeat the Canyon Chimera
With all foes defeated, you might think that it’s time to take a breather. I thought so, too — until another creature surprised me. In the last part, I had to battle a Canyon Chimera. It has the following notable abilities:
- Fire Breath — Spews a jet of fire in a frontal cone.
- Crystalline Echo — Creates a small crystal made of ice.
- The Dragon’s Voice — Generates multiple circles on the ground that call lightning.
- The Ram’s Voice — Surrounds itself with a frost aura that will erupt after a few seconds.
In my case, I made sure to avoid its damaging abilities. Likewise, when the opportunity presented itself, I also used Bahamut’s Wings of Light, dodging its slow melee swings to increase Megaflare ranks quickly. Since some of its attack animations are quite slow, I was able to cast non-stop projectiles with Megaflare, followed by full beam blasts via Gigaflare.
FF16 Ragnarok Stats and Gotterdammerung Blueprint
Now that all enemies have been defeated, report back to your pals in Dravozd. Then, return to the Hideaway and talk to Blackthorne. This completes the Blacksmith’s Blues IV quest.
For all that effort, you’ll receive 4,800 XP and 50 renown. Moreover, this nets you the FF16 Ragnarok sword, as well as the Gotterdammerung Design Draft.
The FF16 Ragnarok itself is quite powerful already, boasting 325 attack and 325 will damage. However, if you want to go a bit overboard, you can craft the Gotterdammerung, too. It does require several late-game materials, including the Ragnarok itself, several Orichalcums and Darksteels, as well as the Primitive Battlehorn.
That’s all you need to know about the Ragnarok weapon and Blacksmith’s Blues IV quest in Final Fantasy 16. For more tips and strategies, you can visit our FF16 guides hub.