Fortnite is always bringing us new weekly quests to help with our XP grind for the Battle Pass. This week you’ll need to collect rare or better weapons at a Hot Spot. However, what is a Hot Spot in Fortnite? Find out all you need to know here.
What are Hot Spots in Fortnite?
You’ll notice that when you load into a match, some locations have different colored names. Hot Spots are identified by their gold-colored name on the map, and they change every match, so be sure to take a look at the map every round if you’re working on the Weekly quest. The unique POIs promise a plethora of loot with an emphasis on rare or better weapons. If you’re looking to gear up from the get-go, Hot Spots are an ideal location to drop in.
How to Survive a Hot Drop in a Hot Spot
Oftentimes, Fortnite Hot Spots are a hot drop and will be crowded with other players looking for the same loot you’re after. So, how exactly do you survive a gold-named POI? Well, I’ve had my fair share of landings to know how best to survive them in Chapter 5 Season 1. Here are my best tips and tricks.
- Head to the Hot Spot that doesn’t have a boss NPC.
- Chapter 5 Season 1 has medallion bosses, and any location with these NPCs will be packed and full of competitive players.
- Head for buildings on the outskirts of the location, and then push into the gold-named POI Hot Spot.
- While not as packed with loot, landing at a building on the edges will increase your odds of gearing up before a gunfight.
- Stay close to your teammates.
- If you’re playing duos or squads, the last thing you want is to get caught solo in a building. Sticking close to your teammates will increase your odds of surviving any enemies you come across.
How to Fix Collect Rare or Better Weapons at Hot Spot Quest Bug
Unfortunately, some players are encountering a bug that’s preventing the Hot Spot quest progress from counting. Nothing is more frustrating than an in-game error stopping your XP grind. If this is getting in the way for you, I recommend you restart your game and try equipping common cosmetics only. Sometimes, that easy fix works for quest bugs. However, if this doesn’t work, the only thing you can do is wait for Epic to fix the issue. Here’s how to track bug fixes in Fortnite.
- Head to the Epic Games Public Status page to check the server status.
- Join the official Fortnite Discord server: The Discord server features a Fortnite status channel, announcements, bug reporting, community support, and more. You can join the forum to chat with other players live and see if anyone else is experiencing the issue.
- Check the Fortnite Status Twitter/X. This Twitter/X page frequently updates with patches and any bugs the team is aware of and working on.
That’s what a Hot Spot is in Fortnite. Looking for more guides? Be sure to check out our Fortnite guides hub here. We’ve got articles on how to get the John Cena skin and cosmetics, as well as how to get the Enforcer AR and Flowberry Fizz.