Leveling research to unlock new recipes, equipment, and biomes in Outpath can be a little confusing when you’re new to the game. In this guide we’ll go over the ins and outs of its systems, from how to unlock more research in Outpath, to how to earn Research Points.
Outpath: How to Unlock More Research
Research is a key component of expanding your island. You’ll be working your way towards it with every click in the game. However, understanding how to unlock more research and maximize your efforts is a little complicated when you’re an Outpath beginner. Thankfully, it’s pretty straightforward once you know the basics. Here’s how to do it:
- Craft a Research Table.
- Q > Utilities > Research Table.
- x8 Wood.
- x2 Flower.
- Place the Research Table.
- Press E to interact with the Research Table.
- Select an unlearned recipe with LMB.
- Unlearned recipes are yellow.
- Learned recipes are blue.
- The cost of the recipe will appear in the lower right corner above “Research”.
- You can view your available Research Points in the upper left corner of your screen.
- Confirm the recipe by LMB clicking “Research” in the lower right corner.
- Accelerate the Research by clicking the Research Table.
- You’ll be notified once the recipe is unlocked.
Research Points are gathered by destroying anything and everything in Outpath. Each time you click to destroy, you’ll see a health total appear for the object. This health total is the total RP you’ll be rewarded for destroying it. So, the bigger the object, the bigger the payout. You can view your available Research Points in the upper left corner of your screen.
How to Earn Research Points Fast in Outpath
Grinding for RP can feel like a time-consuming task at the beginning of Outpath. Thankfully, there are some incredibly useful technologies you can unlock at the Research Table. I highly recommend you learn the Breaker recipe as soon as you can. The Breakers will destroy nearby resources once placed. They act as automatic clicking stations, saving you plenty of time and effort. Here’s how to craft one:
- Spend x1500 RP to unlock the Breaker at the Research Table.
- You’ll need to expand your research tree to unlock it. The recipe for Breakers will appear two spaces above the furnace.
- Craft a Breaker.
- Q > Machinery > Deforest.
- x8 Glass.
- x4 Copper Ingot.
- x4 Brick.
You can place as many breakers as you want throughout your biomes in Outpath. I recommend spreading them out amongst your islands so that they’re destroying a variety of resources. Notably, they will not damage wildlife such as cows, or chickens.
Well, that does it for how to unlock research points in Outpath. We’ve got more tips and tricks coming your way. For now, check out our article on how to fish, how to get milk and our guide on how to get bees.