Season 4 of Fortnite is upon us. And with that, Epic’s unleashed a plethora of new Tier 100 rewards, with one of the most coveted being the new Omega skin. Not only does it look completely badass and like something right out of the Marvel superhero universe, but it’s also the ultimate reward for Season 4.
That means if you want bragging rights, the Omega skin is going to be an essential part of your collection.
The first thing you’re going to want to do is purchase the Season 4 Battle Pass for 950 V-Bucks if you’ve yet to do so. After that, well, it’s going to be a grind. But at the end, you’ll have all of this skin’s upgrades (yes, upgrades).
Below we’ll go over what challenges you’ll need to complete at each Season Level to customize this skin, as well as a few grinding tips to help you get to Tier 100 as fast as you can (unless you’d rather spend IRL money to get there faster…).
Omega Skin Challenges
Challenges are a brand-new addition to Fortnite Battle Royale in Season 4. We’ve never seen anything like this, but it’s an update that’s going to give everyone, especially high-level players, an even greater incentive to continue the grind. The base skin looks super cool, but after these upgrades, it’ll look even better.
- Challenge 1: Reach Season Level 25
- Upgrade: Chest Armor
- Challenge 2: Reach Season Level 35
- Upgrade: Leg Armor
- Challenge 3: Reach Season Level 45
- Upgrade: Arm Pieces
- Challenge 4: Reach Season Level 55
- Upgrade: Helmet
- Challenge 5: Reach Season Level 80
- Upgrade: Entire (Super Rad) Upper Body
Once you complete three of the five Challenges (Level 45), you’ll also be rewarded with the Pickaxe that goes along with the Omega Skin.
How to Grind to Tier 100 If You’re Not There Yet
You can read our entire Battle Royale Survival Guide to find out all of the tips and tricks for scoring Victory Royale. But outside of completing as many challenges as you possibly can, here are the main tips you’ll need to know for making the most of your grind to Tier 100.
- Play 50 vs. 50: This is where you’ll get the most EXP in Fortnite. Typically, each match is relatively quick, and getting kills here can be easy. Start here. Other modes can bog you down.
- Play WIth Other Battle Pass Holders: Doing this will team you up with other like-minded and (hopefully) high-level players. Plus, you get team boosts when playing with other Battle Pass owners.
- Get High-Powered Weapons ASAP: This is a no-brainer: Nab a Rocket Launcher, Sniper Rifle, or a Shotgun early. ARs work well, too.
- Get Victory Royale: Another way to look at this is “Last as Long as You Can.” The longer you survive, the more EXP you’ll get. This is a “Duh,” but it’s worth noting.
- Listen Out for Double XP Events: Follow the Fortnite official Twitter here for updates on Double XP weekends and events. These can drastically decrease your grind time and get you to 100 super quick.
- Don’t AFK: Whatever you do, don’t be that player that AFKs for experience points. Sure, it’s an easy way to do it, but it’s not cool. Plus, if you get reported enough, Epic will ban you — meaning you’ll have to start your grind all over again. It’s just not worth it.
Got other leveling tips that we’ve missed? Let us know in the comments below. We’ll add them and give you credit! Be sure to check out our other Fortnite guides to get even more tips, tricks, and strategies for this hugely popular Battle Royale slugfest.
Header media: SwagXBL