How to Unlock the Stellar Tier 1 Carbide Skin in Fortnite Season 4
Season 4 of Fortnite is upon us -- and that means there's plenty of shiny new stuffs to get our hands on. Alongside a ton of new emotes, dances, and items, Epic's released a bevy of brand-new outfits into the battleverse, the most stellar being the Carbide skin.
Just like we saw with the Omega skin, Carbide holds true to Season 4's superhero theme. A Tier 1 skin, this outfit might not be as coveted as Omega, but that doesn't mean you won't look totally killer wearing it. If you're a true Fortnite player, this is a must-have piece of armor for your collection.
To get it, you'll first need to purchase the Season 4 Battle Pass for 950 V-Bucks. After that, you'll be able to immediately throw it on. But to really rise to the top, there's a set of challenges that'll reward you with upgrades you won't want to miss.
How to Complete the Carbide Armor Challenges
Like we mentioned in our Omega Skin guide, challenges are brand new to Fortnite this season. They give everyone, specifically high-end players, a reason to continue the grind, rewarding dedication with some of the game's slickest-lookin' skin upgrades and full armor sets.
If you want to stand out when you finally get that Victory Royale, completing these challenges is a no-brainer.
- Challenge 1: Reach Season Level 10
- Reward: Chest Armor
- Challenge 2: Reach Season Level 20
- Reward: Leg Armor
- Challenge 3: Reach Season Level 30
- Reward: Arm Pieces
- Challenge 4: Reach Season Level 40
- Reward: Helmet
- Challenge 5: Reach Season Level 65
- Reward: Entire Upper Body Armor
When you complete three of the five challenges (Level 30), you'll also unlock the Carbide Pickaxe.
How to Grind to Season Level 65 and Beyond
You can read our entire Battle Royale Survival Guide to find out all of the tips and tricks for scoring experience points like a master. But outside of completing as many challenges as you possibly can, here are the main tips you'll need to know for making the most of your grind to Level 65 and beyond.
- Play 50 vs. 50: This is where you'll get the most EXP in Fortnite. Typically, each match is relatively quick, and getting kills here can be easy. Start here. Other modes can bog you down.
- Play WIth Other Battle Pass Holders: Doing this will team you up with other like-minded and (hopefully) high-level players. Plus, you get team boosts when playing with other Battle Pass owners.
- Get High-Powered Weapons ASAP: This is a no-brainer. Nab a Rocket Launcher, Sniper Rifle, or a Shotgun early. ARs work well, too.
- Get Victory Royale: Another way to look at this is "Last as Long as You Can." The longer you survive, the more EXP you'll get. This is a "Duh," but it's worth noting.
- Listen Out for Double XP Events: Follow the Fortnite official Twitter here for updates on Double XP weekends and events. These can drastically decrease your grind time and get you to 100 super quick.
- Don't AFK: Whatever you do, don't be that player that AFKs for experience points. Sure, it's an easy way to do it, but it's not cool. Plus, if you get reported enough, Epic will ban you -- meaning you'll have to start your grind all over again. It's just not worth it.
Got other leveling tips that we've missed? Let us know in the comments below. We'll add them and give you credit! Be sure to check out our other Fortnite guides to get even more tips, tricks, and strategies for this hugely popular Battle Royale slugfest.