How do you beat the Remnant 2 Labyrinth Sentinel boss? This foe bars the path to the inner recesses of this zone. It also happens to be one of my favorite encounters in the game due to how fun it is. Our guide discusses the Labyrinth Sentinel boss and how you can succeed in this battle.
How to Beat the Labyrinth Sentinel Boss in Remnant 2
How to Reach the Labyrinth Sentinel Boss
You can defeat the Remnant 2 Labyrinth Sentinel boss by shooting the glowing cubes on each block. There are also other factors to consider, such as dynamic campaign generation. Here’s how I progressed further during this stage:
- I explored most of the Labyrinth’s areas that are connected by portals. One of these even led to the Reprocessed Heart Relic.
- I then completed the Colosseum of Ruin encounter, which yielded the Amplitude trait and Master Portal Key quest item.
- The quest item can be placed in the device in the starting area, the Fractured Ingress. Doing so powers up the main portal, which leads you to the boss fight.
Labyrinth Sentinel Boss Abilities
The Remnant 2 Labyrinth Sentinel boss encounter has several hazards that you need to watch out for:
- The encounter is an Indiana Jones-esque maze (remember that rolling boulder in Raiders of the Lost Ark?). Giant blocks will roll along the arena, and getting squashed will instantly kill your character.
- The goal is to destroy all lit cubes on the blocks by shooting them. Doing so will also create holes, which your character can fit into, just as the block rolls on top of them. This will prevent your character from instantly dying.
- Each block has three lit cubes that need to be destroyed, whereupon that block will lose its runic markings or glow (i.e., just to denote that you can focus your fire on others). However, you’ll also need to move around the arena to get a clear shot.
- You’ll also have to contend with deadly projectiles. There are Cubic Sparks that home in on your character’s location, as well as Cubic Blasts, which are slow-moving beams that will deplete your HP.
Tips to Defeat the Labyrinth Sentinel Boss
There are various tactics that you can try to help you beat the Remnant 2 Labyrinth Sentinel boss. In my case, I opted to camp near the initial area when the fight began. I shot the cubes on the closest block that rolled along the corridor, allowing me to hide inside the cubbyhole whenever it passed by. From there, I targeted the remaining cubes that were visible, watching out for any projectiles that came my way.
I gingerly made my way to the other sections of the battlefield, making sure that I looked at the safe spots as blocks were moving, as well as whether those spots changed. The last block along the top-right side of the arena also had a well-hidden cube that only appears for a split second, so I waited for it to appear in my line of sight.
Reward: Cube Gun
Completing this encounter nets you a Trait Point, a well as the Conflux Prism material. With it, you can craft the Cube Gun. Its bullets don’t do a lot of damage, but its mod, the Cube Shield, creates a small barrier that absorbs the damage from enemy projectiles. This can also be fired back at your foes.
That’s it: that’s all you need to know about how to beat the Labyrinth Sentinel boss in Remnant 2. For more tips and strategies, you can visit our Remnant 2 guides hub.