The patch notes for the Starfield 1.7.33 update are out, this time targeting the game’s performance and some bug fixes that you’d be hard-pressed not to notice. Most notably, this update will sort out an issue that can cause some NPCs to not be where they’re meant to be. I don’t need to tell you how immersion-breaking this problem can be! The September 25 patch for update 1.7.33 is live now on Xbox Series X|S and PC.
Starfield Patch 1.7.33 Details (September 25 Update)
- Characters: Fixed an issue that could cause some characters to not be in their proper location.
- Star Stations: Fixed an issue where Star Stations would be labeled as a player-owned ship.
- Vendors: Addressed an issue that allowed for a vendor’s full inventory to be accessible.
We’ve all run into these problems at one point or another, the first one in particular for myself.
- AMD (PC): Resolved an issue that caused star lens flares not to appear correctly AMD GPUs.
- Graphics: Addressed an upscaling issue that could cause textures to become blurry.
- Graphics: Resolved an issue that could cause photosensitivity issues when scrolling through the inventory menu.
Starfield continues to be biased towards AMD GPUs. Unfortunately, Nvidia users don’t get any love in this patch.
Performance and Stability
- Hand Scanner: Addressed an issue where the Hand Scanner caused hitching.
- Various stability and performance improvements to address crashing and freezes.
- Displays: Fixed an issue that would cause displayed items to disappear when applied to in-ship mannequins.
- Displays: Fixed an issue that would cause items stored in Razorleaf Storage Containers and Weapon Racks to disappear after commandeering another ship.
The fix to Razorleaf Storage Containers is pretty massive, for those who use the ship have been running into this issue.
The 1.7.33 patch for Starfield isn’t massive, but these fixes are very welcome. NPCs spawning properly is a problem Creation Engine games have had for years, but maybe it won’t be a lingering issue in Starfield‘s case. Be sure to check out our Starfield guides hub if you haven’t yet. It’s packed with help with topics such as where to find HopeTown and how to complete the Burden of Proof quest.