EGX London, formerly known as the Eurogamer Expo, is the big brother of EGX Rezzed. Where as Rezzed covered mostly smaller studios, both independent and from within larger companies alike, London will showcase mainly larger titles. However, Rezzed will have a spot at the event. Also announced is the première of Bedrooms to Billions – the story of the UK games industry.
I attended Rezzed earlier this year, here you can read some of my thoughts on the event which include the leg shaking fear I experienced whilst playing Alien: Isolation.
The Show Floor
Where to begin? 12 games have been announced at the time of posting, one would expect that to triple before the event kicks off on September 25th, 2014.
- Alien: Isolation – In space you can read the impressions from E3.
- Battlefield: Hardline – EA assure us that Battlefield will not become an annual title. Dice also said they’d never charge for maps…
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! – Enjoy this 14 minutes of low gravity gameplay, minions!
- Destiny – Try out Bungie’s new FPS, then go purchase the collector’s editions. Yes. All. Of. Them.
- Driveclub – The PlayStation exclusive racing game. No, it isn’t Gran Turismo.
- Evolve – From the creators of Left 4 Dead. Enough said.
- Fables Legends – A game that is due to last 5 to 10 years? A huge claim, it would seem that the spirit of Peter Molyneux lives on at Lionhead Studios.
- Forza Horizon 2 – Showcased at E3, it is another one of those open-world racing titles.
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection – Four games, three four three, two companies, one hero. Everything we learnt from E3.
- LittleBigPlanet 3 – Sackboy returns! There are a lot of changes promised, can they deliver?
- Nosgoth – A game set in the rich, but under used, universe of Kain.
- Project Spark – Due for release this October, the game that teased us with Conker at E3. They shall never be forgiven.
- Sunset Overdrive – Open world, check. Crazy weapons, check. Monsters, check. The ability to play as a female, or dress as one if you so please, check! Insomniac aim to please.
- War Thunder – A next generation MMO that is dedicated to World War II aviation, armoured vechiles and more!
So far there has been 15 titles revealed for the Rezzed area, most of them are not reshows from EGX Rezzed back in March.
- Bit Brawlers – A brawler where the content comes from us, the player.
- Fearless Fantasy – Most original RPG of the year. According to Chris Less, producer of Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
- Gang Beasts – Heavily inspired by Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, and other classic mêlée fighters, Gang Beasts is a family made game for… the family.
- Heat Signature – Stay cool with Heat Signature
- No Time to Explain – Well, if they don’t have the time to explain?
- Poncho – 2 years in the making, finally in Alpha, time to don your North American rain mac.
- Prison Architect – It’s been locked up for several months in early access, is it time for release?
- Quest of Dungeons – A turn-based dungeon crawler with roguelike characteristics.
- Speed Runners – tinyBuild are representing in a huge way, Speed Runners is their 4th title confirmed for the Rezzed area.
- Spoiler Alert – With this being tinyBuild’s 5th. Massive spoilers!
- The Adventures of Bertram Fiddle – An animation studios first foray into the world of games.
- TinyKeep – Roguelike, check. Procedurally generated dungeons, check. Smart AI, check. Female characters, no check.
- Velocity 2X – A Sony exclusive!
- Volume – A stealth game about being heard? Yeah, that was my reaction too. Check it out though!
- War for the Overworld – Subterranean Games believe their game will be more fun than taking candy from a baby. Have they tried? Have you tried? I’ve tried!
Colour Me Excited
Both lists, so far, have me rather excited for my trip to EGX London. How about you; are you heading to EGX? What games are you most excited for?