You might be wondering how to Retrieve Omeluum in Baldur’s Gate 3. He’s one of the very few Illithid Mind Flayers who seems to be supportive of your cause. Everyone else is eager to eat brains all day, so you might be more inclined to help him out. But doing so isn’t a walk in the park. Here’s what to do.
How to Complete Retrieve Omeluum in Baldur’s Gate 3
The Baldur’s Gate 3 Retrieve Omeluum quest can be completed if you manage to save him in the Iron Throne, an underwater prison, within six turns. Here’s a quick summary:
- The first time you meet Omeluum is in the Myconid Colony in the Underdark. Technically, you’d have to talk to his assistant, Blurg, which then gives you a chance to speak to him.
- Omeluum is an NPC that has a task related to the Find a Cure main quest. He wants you to obtain a couple of herbs in the Arcane Tower. Unfortunately, his plan doesn’t work.
- You won’t see Omeluum again, but you’ll encounter Blurg and other like-minded followers in the Lodge Quarters, a building in the Lower City (X:-203; Y:-84). This takes place during Act 3.
How to Reach the Iron Throne Underwater Prison
For the Baldur’s Gate 3 Retrieve Omeluum quest, you need to ride a submersible. I suggest doing the following:
- Go to the Water Queen’s House in the southwestern corner of the Lower City and talk to the NPCs there. This lets you start the Avenge the Drowned quest.
- From that location, make your way northeast and enter the Flymm’s Cargo building via the balcony door.
- After eliminating the enemy creatures, move the crates to reach the basement. Down below, you’ll find an NPC named Redhammer the Deviser, and you can pass dialogue checks to make him pilot the submersible.
How to Save Omeluum
A cutscene will play, showing you the Iron Throne prison. Suddenly, you receive a warning that the penitentiary will collapse soon, and you don’t have a lot of time. I advise you to consider the following factors:
- You only have six turns to rescue not just Omeluum, but other prisoners, too. One of the most important is Duke Ravengard, Wyll’s father.
- Omeluum is in the southwestern part of the prison, and Duke Ravengard is in the east. Split your party up so you can cover more ground. Likewise, I suggest making use of spells like Misty Step and Greater Invisibility so you can quickly move past enemies.
After you free Omeluum from his cell, you can use his power to instantly teleport him, plus a nearby party member, back to the submarine. This means you won’t need to worry about them anymore, though you still need to make sure that the rest can get out safely.
Once you’re finished with this portion, return to the Lodge Quarters building. Omeluum will thank you for your help, and you’ll get a bunch of goodies from his pouch.
That’s how to complete the Retrieve Omeluum quest in Baldur’s Gate 3. Your other Illithid pal has survived, thanks to you. For more tips and tactics, you can visit our BG3 guides hub.