The Waiting for Dodger gig in Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty tasks you with meeting a couple of cops who’ve made a big mistake. This particular mission also nets you two iconic weapons: one from a container, and another depending on a decision that you make. Our guide goes over how to complete Waiting for Dodger, as well as how to get the Volkodav and Rosco iconic weapons.
How to Complete Waiting for Dodger in Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty
You can complete Waiting for Dodger in Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty by helping Bill and Charlie escape the NCPD precinct. Here’s a quick summary:
- A select few gigs become available once you leave your hideout in Dogtown. This occurs a few hours into the expansion’s campaign, and your fixer, Mr. Hands, provides you with these tasks.
- You’ll talk to Stella, Bill’s fiance, about what had transpired.
- You’ll meet Bill and Charlie inside the precinct, and you’ll have to decide how to deal with Dodger once you encounter him.
Meeting Stella and Entering the NCPD Precinct
You’ll find Stella just outside the main gate that leads to Dogtown. She says that her fiance, Bill, and his buddy Charlie, have gotten into some deep trouble. Your goal now is to enter the NCPD precinct right across the street. It’s already crawling with gangsters, so take them out as you see fit.
Eventually, you’ll head to the basement, where a thug is attempting to bash a door. Eliminate him, then talk to Charlie. You can help him with the door or kick it open if you have +15 Body attribute. Once you talk to Bill and Charlie, you’ll realize that their operation went awry after a junkie swallowed all the drugs. Now, they have to deal with a very angry Dodger.
What to Do With Dodger: How to Get the Volkodav and Rosco Iconic Weapons
This part of the Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty Waiting for Dodger gig nets you both the Volkodav and Rosco iconic weapons. Here’s what I did during my playthrough:
- How to get the Volkodav — Once you reach the parking lot, check the large container in the corner. You should find this iconic machete, which inflicts a burn debuff.
- How to get the Rosco — This requires you to kill Dodger so you can loot it from his corpse. This power revolver’s perk helps you neutralize enemies if you shoot them in the leg, then the head.
To be more precise, your meeting with Dodger presents several dialogue options. As far as I know, saying that Bill and Charlie are telling the truth, or drawing your weapon, will cause Dodger to turn hostile. This was how I was able to obtain the Rosco iconic weapon. Conversely, saying that the two are lying will just cause him to leave.
In any case, regardless of how you handle things, you should be able to finish this gig for Mr. Hands. Moreover, Bill will contact you later in the game, which leads to a mission called New Person, Same Old Mistakes.
That’s it: that’s everything you need to know about how to complete Waiting for Dodger in Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty. Don’t forget to do all the gigs for Mr. Hands to obtain the Sport R-7 Sterling vehicle. For other tips and strategies, you can check out our PL guides hub. You may also want to continue on to our walkthrough for the Heaviest of Hearts gig.