From hunting across the map for hidden locations to finding gold chests in Lonely Lodge and shotgunning opponents across dozens of matches, there’s no shortage of objectives to work towards this week for the Battle Pass crowd.
This week’s primary treasure hunt challenge features something you might not expect for a spring challenge… terribly creepy laughter and some menacing hidden lawn gnomes! They may not openly mock you like the demonic living lawn gnomes from the Fable franchise, but that horrible chuckling they belt out is beyond weird and will make you want to smash them to bits with your pickaxe.
Below we cover the locations for all the hidden gnomes found in the various named locations to complete this challenge. If you are just getting started with week 7, here’s the full run down of this week’s newly added Fortnite challenges:
- Search Chests in Lonely Lodge (7) – 5 Battle Stars
- Deal damage with Shotguns to opponents (1,000) – 5 Battle Stars
- Search a Chest, Ammo Box, & Supply Drop in a single match – 5 Battle Stars
- Search for the Hidden Gnome in different Named Locations (7) – 5 Battle Stars (covered below)
- Hard: Follow the treasure map found in Retail Row – 10 Battle Stars
- Hard: Suppressed Weapon eliminations (3) – 10 Battle Stars
- Hard: Eliminate opponents in Shifty Shafts (3) – 10 Battle Stars
Fortnite Gnome Locations
Unlike several of the other treasure hunts, this one won’t have you searching random nameless hilltops between landmarks. Instead, these locations are found by landing directly in major named locations like Retail Row and Salty Springs.
When you land at any given named location, just keep an ear out for the laughter, as it lets you know a gnome is close. Eight specific gnome locations are marked on the map below to help you start your search (you only need to hit seven total across any number of matches).
It’s possible there are others scattered around the named locations of the map, but these are eight we immediately found that will satisfy the requirements of the Fortnite gnome-searching challenge:
- A gnome can be found underneath the ground floor in the Haunted Hills (listen for the laugh to know where to break the wall or dig down)
- In the Salty Springs area, head into the basement of the middle broken building to find a gnome hiding beneath the staircase
- A gnome often spawns in the bathroom in the northwest building at Lucky Landing, at the far south end of the map
- Inside Flush Factory, at the southwest end of the map, look for the painted toilets in the main factory building to find another gnome
- A laughing gnome is found inside the shack near the water tower at the southeast end of Retail Row
- A bathroom inside the burger restaurant in Greasy Grove has a hidden laughing gnome
- Head to the house at the south side of Snobby Shores, and enter the bunker beneath the main floor to find a gnome hiding behind the wardrobe in the bathroom
Did you find any other Fortnite gnome locations we missed? Let us know in the comments section below!
Need more help moving up the rankings and getting to #1? Check out our other latest Fortnite guides below, including the latest weekly challenges:
- Surviving High Explosives Limited Time Mode
- Week 7 Vending Machine Locations
- Search Between A Metal Bridge Treasure Hunt
- Fortnite Gets A Rare Blue Pump Shotgun
- Gas Station Weekly Challenge
- How To Use C4 Remote Explosives
- Season 3 Bullseye Landing Locations
- Fortnite Forbidden Dance Locations