Fortnite High Explosives Limited-Time Mode Returns
Now that the long-range sniper shootout mode has come to a close, Fortnite's Week 7 update brings out yet another limited-time activity for Battle Royale, and this one is guaranteed to blow up your feed!
After months of fan requests, High Explosives finally makes its return with V2, which is now available in both solo and squads varieties.
If you missed the first iteration, this limited-time offering takes the already hectic Fortnite battles and turns them into missile-launching, grenade-dodging action movies that are some of the most fun you can have in a 100 player Battle Royale match.
Welcome back, old friend!
Fortnite High Explosives V2 Limited-Time Mode
In this mode, every single non-explosive weapon is disabled, meaning you will exclusively be using the grenade, impulse grenade, remote explosive, rocket launcher, and guided missile weapons.
You'll want to work on your grenade aiming to stay alive here, as it's easy to run out of weaponry when all you have is a handful of grenades and a rocket launcher with limited ammo. You don't want to bring a pickaxe to a guided missile fight, that's for sure.
Thankfully, friendly fire is turned off, meaning you won't blow your squad mate to smithereens if you launch an explosive at "danger close" proximity, as otherwise every match would be over in about 10 seconds due to accidental suicide.
Tight indoor areas are usually death traps due to the radius of any given explosive unless you can effectively use walls and staircases to your advantage, but at the same time, being out in the open can be a pretty bad idea if everyone has a rocket launcher and good line of sight.
For defensive purposes, staying near trees or other obstacles to block explosives is a good way to go, and don't forget to set up walls every now and again in case someone is close. Jumping constantly can be an effective way to negate explosive damage at the ground near you. Materials also spawn more often, so you will have plenty of building opportunity.
On the offensive side, placing remote explosives at loot chest areas and waiting for someone to walk by is a solid strategy. In order to make High Explosive mode even more frenzied, the storm also shrinks faster to force players closer together, so get ready to abandon fortifications and move earlier.
Here's the full list of changes arriving with the Fortnite limited-time High Explosives V2 mode:
- Non-explosive weapons removed
- Friendly Fire off
- 1:50 shaved off wait times for first four storms (20s / 30s / 30s / 30s).
- Spawn +50% more consumables
- Spawn +100% more materials
- Have a 50% chance of dropping a Legendary Guided Missile
- Materials spawn 60 / 90 / 120 per pickup for wood/stone/metal
- Materials drop rate increased 50%
- Ammo drop rate increased 50%
- Impulse grenade added to floor loot
- Trap drop rate lowered 50%
- Number of rockets found per drop increased (Floor: 4-6 | Chests: 8 | Supply: 12 | Box: 16 | Llama: 20)
- Grenade, Impulse Grenade & Remote Explosive drop rate +100%
- Bandages drop rate -50%, Med Kit & Slurp drop rate +50%
- Spike Trap disabled; Launch Pads & Campfires spawn at 1:1 ratio
- Rocket Launcher drop rate +100%
- Guided Missile drop rate +100%
It's a rocket launcher free-for-all! (Thanks to Ali-A for the screenshot)
Have fun with this explosive new mode, and we'll see you in the Battle Royale lobby! Need more help moving up the rankings and getting to #1? Check out our other latest Fortnite guides below, including the latest weekly challenges: