Survival is of the utmost importance in Lies of P. Naturally, you’ll need to make use of Pulse Cells, which are akin to healing flasks in other Soulslike games. You’ll certainly need more of these charges as you battle deadly foes. Here’s how to get more Pulse Cells in Lies of P.
How to Increase Pulse Cells in Lies of P
You can get more Pulse Cells via campaign progression and P-Organ upgrades. Here’s a quick summary:
- At the start of the game, you’ll only have three Pulse Cells.
- You’ll gain an extra charge after defeating the Mad Donkey stalker enemy at the bridge leading to Krat City Hall.
- After taking out the King of Puppets boss in Estella Opera House, you’ll receive yet another charge when you talk to Geppetto.
- Whenever your Pulse Cells are reduced to zero, you can attack enemies to recharge up to one usage.
- Interacting with a Stargazer (i.e. bonfire/fast travel point) instantly replenishes your HP and Pulse Cell charges, but enemies will respawn.
I should note that the Pulse Cell discharge mechanic is really refreshing. There were instances when I ran out of Pulse Cells, but I was still able to regain a charge just by attacking foes. That improved my character’s survivability despite the challenges in the game.
Related: How to Repair Weapons in Lies of P
P-Organ Upgrades That Increase Pulse Cells
You can increase Pulse Cells in Lies of P via P-Organ upgrades. Make sure you have enough Quartz to unlock these.
- Major upgrade nodes: Increase Pulse Cells 1, 2, and 3.
- Minor upgrade perks (Survival type): Increase Pulse Cells 3, 4, and 5.
- Related perks (Survival type): Enhance Pulse Cell Recovery 1 and Auto Charge Pulse with Discharged.
That’s everything you need to know about how to get more Pulse Cells in Lies of P. Bear in mind that Pulse Cells will only recover your HP, but you still need to be mindful of debuffs or afflictions. You can learn more about these in our status effects guide. For more tips and strategies, you can visit our LoP guides hub for help with topics such as how to upgrade weapons or how to block.