We often think that debuffs need to be avoided at all costs, but what if they’re used to their fullest potential? Here’s our guide on the best builds and items for the Ritualist in Remnant 2: The Awakened King.
What are the Best Builds and Items For the Ritualist in Remnant 2: The Awakened King
The best Ritualist items and builds in Remnant 2: The Awakened King rely heavily on making use of the class’ focus on inflicting various status effects on enemies. I’ve listed several options that you can try during the course of your playthrough.
Best Long Gun and Handgun for Ritualist
- Long gun: Any — I personally feel that any long gun you’re comfortable in using is viable for the Ritualist. It all boils down to the mods and mutators that you’d choose (more on these in the next section).
- Handgun: Enigma — The Enigma remains one of the best weapons for the Ritualist in Remant 2: The Awakened King due to its area-of-effect damage, where chain lightning courses through nearby foes. Its alternate fire mode also causes shock elemental damage on a constant basis for the entire duration.
Best Firearm Mods and Mutators for Ritualist
- Firearm mod #1: Hot Shot or Corrosive Rounds – You really can’t go wrong with either of these picks. If you have a long gun with a high rounds-per-minute (RPM) stat, then activating the mod ensures that all the bullets you shoot have an elemental effect.
- Firearm mod #2: Blood Draw – One of the top weapon mods is Blood Draw, which causes the bleed debuff on multiple enemies. You can learn more about it in our Red Prince guide.
- Mutator #1: Timewave – Timewave is an awesome pick since the alternate fire of a chosen weapon also slows down enemies. They’ll be easier to hit, you can dodge without issues, and that’s another status effect application, so what’s not to like? You can find it in the Terminus Station in N’erud.
- Mutator #2: Maelstrom – Maelstrom is another good bet, since it increases the elemental damage of a weapon for every elemental status effect on a target. That means a weapon like Enigma, which already electrifies foes, gains another buff. It can be yours after beating the Mangled Atoner elite in the Forlorn Coast. It guards the lone tower, which is also Nimue’s location in the DLC.
Best Melee Weapon and Mutators for Ritualist
- Melee Weapon: Ritualist Scythe – The Ritualist Scythe gains a melee buff if the target is suffering from a negative status effect. You can learn more in our Ritualist Scythe guide.
- Mutator: Misfortune – This mutator adds more weapon damage for every unique negative status effect that’s active on a target. It’s a reward from the Card Jester event.
Best Amulet for Ritualist
- Amulet: Chains of Amplification – I feel that the Ritualist really makes the most out of the Chains of Amplification, an amulet that causes you to deal 20% more damage against debuffed foes. You can find it as a random drop in the Losomn region.
Best Rings for Ritualist
- Ring #1: Band of the Fanatic – This is one of the best Ritualist items in Remnant 2: The Awakened King, thanks to boosted status effect damage. To be fair, it does decrease the duration of the afflictions that you cause, but there are ways to alleviate that. The class already has innate perks that increase the duration, and there’s also another ring that can be used in conjunction with this. In any case, you can learn more about this item in our Band of the Fanatic guide.
- Ring #2: Timekeeper’s Jewel – This ring boosts the duration of status effects. You won’t need it if you’re using the Eruption skill due to its auto-refresh proc, but it’s viable if you switch to Miasma. This accessory is a reward from the Losomn Clock Tower puzzle.
- Ring #3: Blood Jewel – This is another good pick if you need to apply bleeding on multiple opponents. It’s found in the Lost Temple in Yaesha.
Optional Ritualist Build Using the Atonement Fold Ring
I also urge you to experiment and try the new Atonement Fold ring, which can be purchased from Leywise the Scribe in Forlorn Coast. Although my character’s HP was being bled dry, I found some items that nullified this problem. I ended up with decent buffs like increased critical hit chance, higher DPS, and stacks of bulwark (i.e. damage reduction), all at 100% uptime. You can learn more in our Atonement Fold build and items guide.
In any case, these are my suggestions when it comes to the best Ritualist items and builds in Remnant 2: The Awakened King. For more tips and strategies, you can visit our R2 guides hub.