Defeating a mad monarch seems like a decent conclusion to your adventure, but there are hidden outcomes and rewards that await. Here’s our guide on how to get the secret ending and Crimson Guard set in Remnant 2: The Awakened King. Keep in mind this article contains spoilers.
How to Get the Secret Ending and Crimson Guard Set in Remnant 2: The Awakened King
You can get the Crimson Guard set and the secret ending of Remnant 2: The Awakened King by defeating the One True King boss and paying tribute to the Red Prince Prince. Sounds straightforward enough, right? Well, I have to be honest: this might cause a few headaches due to RNG and procedural generation. That’s because you need to ensure that the Gilded Chambers dungeon also appears during your run, as that’s were you’ll find the Red Prince.
How to Reach the Gilded Chambers
As mentioned in our DLC start guide, a one-shot Adventure Mode means that you’re guaranteed to see DLC-only optional dungeons during your first run. However, the moment you reroll, the locations will be randomized, and these will likely include those from the base game.
Coincidentally, the Gilded Chambers is one such dungeon from the base game. It has a chance of appearing if you pass through optional doorways at the end of the Forlorn Coast zone or the Palace of the One True King.
Due to RNG, it can be a if since you need to reroll Adventure Mode a few times. In my case, I was lucky since I had the Gilded Chambers appear during my second run. That’s when I knew that this would be a good time to also tackle the The Awakened King secret ending.
How to Pay Tribute to the Red Prince
Assuming the Gilded Chambers did appear in your world, go ahead and defeat the One True King as you see fit. There are no restrictions or hidden requirements whatsoever. I would only advise you to watch out for his devastating AoE attacks and self-healing. Likewise, if you already have the Burden of the Divine, then you can also get a secret ring known as the Burden of the Departed.
Once you’ve beaten the DLC’s final boss, head to the Gilded Chambers to pay tribute to the Red Prince. I’ve discussed the steps before in our Red Prince boss guide, but here’s a quick summary:
- You need to collect three Crimson King Coins, which only drop from Sword Fae elites that spawn in the Gilded Chambers dungeon.
- I suggest tagging a checkpoint to make enemies respawn, then taking them out at a slow and steady pace. I’ve noticed that elites spawn more frequently if I took my time, as opposed to rushing.
- Once you have the Crimson King Coins, go to the throne room and hand them over to the Red Prince. The boss will kill your character during a cutscene, but that’s totally fine since you’ll be revived.
- Do not go to the Red Prince’s throne room if you don’t have three Crimson King Coins, as this will trigger the boss fight and you won’t see the tribute option anymore. You’ll have no choice but to battle him, which messes up your attempt to get the secret ending.
How to Unlock the Secret Ending
After respawning, you’ll notice that the Red Prince has disappeared. Don’t worry and just fast travel to the Chamber of the Faithless, the throne room of the fallen One True King. There, you’ll see the Red Prince and Leywise the Scribe.
Talk to the Red Prince, who’s now poised to become the leader of the Fae, to receive your reward: the full Crimson Guard set. This also nets you the Remnant 2: The Awakened King secret ending.
Crimson Guard Set Stats and Resistances
The Crimson Guard set in Remnant 2: The Awakened King has the following stats and resistances, assuming you equip all the gear pieces:
- Armor: 122
- Weight: 53.6 (medium)
- Resistances: Bleed 9, Fire 9, Shock 0, Poison 0, and Blight 7.
Veteran players will notice that the Crimson Guard set looks just like the Fae Royal set, which comes from the Postulant’s Parlor. The difference is that the former has a higher total armor stat, though its fire resistance stat is significantly lower.
That’s everything you need to know about how to get the Crimson Guard set and secret ending in Remnant 2: The Awakened King. For more tips and strategies, you can visit our R2 guides hub.