It’s important to monitor your squad’s progression fairly often in Wasteland 3. By constantly leveling up companions, you’ll receive points you can allocate to particular skills you wish to advance. From Brawling to Toaster Repair, there are numerous perks to consider, and one way to get those perks is to find skill books.
Skill books are hidden items that will permanently gift you +1 in a particular skill. A majority of Wasteland 3‘s skill books can be found through general exploration, while others are tied to particular quests.
Below is a rundown of the skill books we’ve found so far, their locations, and the requirements for getting them.
Wasteland 3 Guide: All Skill Book Locations
Be the Dog
- Perk: +1 Animal Whisperer.
- Location: Denver Ruins, inside the airport.
Weinberger Guide to Body Armor Customization
- Perk: +1 Armor Modding.
- Location: Denver Ruins; talk to Sister Nancy Forge.
The Infantryman’s Bible
- Perk: +1 Automatic Weapons.
- Location: Hoon Homestead; side with Hoon Homestead during Hoon vs. Arapaho debacle or loot the corpses after the mission.
The Brooklyn Bridge: Sold
- Perk: +1 Barter.
- Location: Tellurium Mine.
The Legend of Bazooka Jim
- Perk: +1 Big Guns.
- Location: Patriarch’s Palace at Colorado Springs, inside Victory’s room.
Kumite: A History
- Perk: +1 Brawling.
- Location: Garden of the Gods at Colorado Springs, inside Bellamy’s Workshop.
Dick Markowitz’s STEALTH SQUAD
- Perk: +1 Combat Shooting.
- Location: Downtown Colorado Springs; complete the quest Wolfe’s Hunt and follow the quest giver’s instructions.
The Red Wire or the Blue
- Perk: +1 Explosives.
- Location: Arapaho Caravan; search the chests inside the building.
- Perk: +1 First Aid.
- Location: Old Survivalist Bunker at Broadmoor Heights in Colorado Springs; go into the flooded room and search the pile of books.
The Drill Sergeant’s Phrase Book
- Perk: +1 Hard Ass.
- Location: Bizarre; complete the quest Nightmare in the Bizarre.
- Perk: +1 Kiss Ass.
- Location: Broadmoor Heights at Colorado Springs, inside the church.
- Perk: +1 Leadership.
- Location: Little Hell, inside Vic’s room.
The Locksmith’s Companion
- Perk: +1 Lockpicking.
- Location: Peterson Air Force Base at Colorado Springs; go to the Brig. The skill book is inside a locked desk.
The Shade Tree Mechanic
- Perk: +1 Mechanics.
- Location: Downtown Colorado Springs; search the lockers inside the Machine Shop.
The Bleeding Edge
- Perk: +1 Melee Combat.
- Location: Snowed Inn Resort; go to the Cabin room and search the Doresey.
Natural Net Processor Manual
- Perk: +1 Nerd Stuff.
- Location: Department of Energy Site; search the lockers.
Make My Day
- Perk: +1 Small Arms.
- Location: Yuma County, inside Godfisher Windfarm.
- Perk: +1 Sneaky Shit.
- Location: Little Vegas at Downtown Colorado Springs, in a room next to Inspector Delgado.
You’ll Just Die Tired
- Perk: +1 Sniper Rifles.
- Location: Union Station; search the lockers just before reaching Morningstar.
Pup Scout Funtime Camping Guide
- Perk: +1 Survival.
- Location: Aspen; buy it off Opie.
- Perk: +1 Toaster Repair.
- Location: Ranger HQ; after recruiting Ananda Rabindranath, it can be purchased from them.
Forewarned is Forearmed
- Perk: +1 Weapon Modding.
- Location: Tellurium Mine, rewarded by ridding the mine of all the robots.
It Just Works
- Perk: +1 Weird Science.
- Location: Little Hell; search a chest in the kitchen.
With all of Wasteland 3‘s skill books in hand, you’ll be well equipped to tackle every quest in the game. For more on Wasteland 3, including tips on how to find the game’s golden toasters and all Tarjan Token locations, be sure to head over to our hub for Wasteland 3 guides!