The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Laser Drone or Orbital Laser is a ridiculously efficient contraption. With it, you can ensure high DPS against the toughest bosses. Here’s our guide to help you build a TotK Laser Drone.
How to Build a Laser Drone in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
I’ve split up our Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Laser Drone guide into different sections depending on the parts that you need to make. Naturally, I also suggest doing the Zonai Device dupe exploit. That way, you can have extra materials.
How to Make a Laser Array in TotK
I’ve decided to use the following items:
- 3x Construct Heads
- 14 to 16x Beam Emitters
And here’s how I built each Laser Array:
- Place one Construct Head flat on the ground.
- Attach at least one Beam Emitter to the round portion. You can stack another on top of the weapon.
- For the others, you can attach them to the sides of the Construct Head.
You can either save the contraption as a favorite via Autobuild, and remake it if you have the materials. However, you’ll probably want to use only a few if you’ll make a third array. That’s because there’s a certain limit of Zonai Devices (i.e., roughly 20) that can be attached to a single creation.
How to Make the Drone Platform in TotK
This one is fairly simple enough. You’ll need the following:
- 1x Hover Stone
- 1x Rocket
And here’s what you need to do next to have a Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Laser Drone or Orbital Laser machine:
- Simply make sure the Hover Stone is flat on the ground and deactivated (i.e., don’t hit it prematurely with a weapon).
- Then, attach the Rocket facing diagonally upward.
- Once that’s done, attach each Laser Array that you made along the sides. But, make sure that the weapon devices themselves are facing downward.
How to Use the TotK Laser Drone or Orbital Array
Compared to other makeshift contraptions, the Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Laser Drone isn’t something you’ll drive or manually control. Instead, you have to leave it on the ground, at an area just before a boss that you want to take out.
Next, activate it by striking via melee or shooting with a bow. The Rocket will propel the machine above the boss. Meanwhile, the Hover Stone will keep it suspended in mid-air, all while the Beam Emitters fire streams of concentrated energy.
There are, however, a couple of notable issues:
- You need to remain fairly close to the Laser Drone. Otherwise, it will get deactivated automatically.
- Depending on the terrain and angle, the machine itself might not fly correctly. As you can see in the image above, that’s what happens if the Hover Stone is poorly angled (i.e., along the edge of a rock formation). Ideally, though, it will streak high up if it’s initially positioned on a flat surface.
Now you know how to build a TotK Laser Drone or Orbital Laser Array. This isn’t the only wild contraption that you can make. There are others, such as the Hoverbike, Bomber Plane and Zonai Tank. Likewise, be sure to visit our Zelda: TotK guides hub for more tips, strategies, and walkthroughs.