How to Get Bond Fragments in Fire Emblem Engage
The big, new gimmick in Fire Emblem Engage is the ability to "Engage" and sync with legendary characters locked within powerful Emblem Rings, transforming your units into powerful new forms. It's a rather complex system, and the further you delve into it, the more you'll need a resource called Bond Fragments, which lets you inherit skills from Emblem characters, strengthen bonds, and more.
The good news is that the Bond Fragments are incredibly easy to come by, and you can essentially farm them as well. Here's everything you need to know.
How to Farm Bond Fragments in Fire Emblem Engage
Fire Emblem Engage liberally hands out Bond Fragments, and you'll easily wrack up hundreds without really trying. However, if you find yourself blowing through the resource quickly, there are a few specific ways you can get a bunch. Below we'll cover each one.
- Complete Achievements: Fire Emblem Engage has dozens of achievements to get for a variety of things, like deploying a certain unit so many times or getting a specific item. By checking the Notice Board (the same place you invest in different regions) in the Somniel's cafe, you can turn in these achievements for Bond Fragments, so make sure to check in regularly.
- Make Donations: Surprise, you can use the Notice Board yet again to get even more Bond Fragments. Simply making donations to countries and upping their levels will gain you the resource. Each time a country levels up, you'll receive a handful.
- Training Yard: You'll unlock the Training Yard immediately after going to the Somniel the first time, and it can be used before each battle to increase Alear's stats for one single battle. Completing a workout also rewards Bond Points, with the easiest workout yielding 100 and the harder ones yielding more. You'll need to advance the story in order to unlock more strenuous workouts.
- Gold Sparkles During Battle: Occasionally during battles, you'll see squares highlighted by golden sparkles. If you have a unit stand on the square, you'll instantly get 50 Bond Fragments.
- Explore Battlefields: After battles, you'll get the chance to run around and talk to your units and collect items. Each time you talk to one of your units, you'll receive Bond Fragments, but you don't actually need to talk to everyone. Simply leaving the exploration segment will yield any Bond Fragments you may have missed. What's really useful, however, is that you can explore the field even after Skirmishes, which can be taken on endlessly through the world map. That means this is easily your best way of getting Fragments.
- Take Care of Sommie: Sommie is a strange dog-thing in the Somniel, and another feature you unlock early on. You can head to The Grotto in the Somniel to find the creature, where you can pet and feed it food. Each time you do either of these, you'll receive 100 Bond Fragments, and that number goes up for the first time after a battle.
- Fishing: Fishing is unlocked around Chapter 8, and it's useful for two things: catching fish you can use in dishes or food for Sommie and getting Bond Fragments. Each time you catch a fish, you'll get 100.
- Wyvern Riding Minigame: You can unlock the Wyvern Riding minigame as soon as Alear is promoted to Divine Dragon, which you can do as early as Chapter 7 by using a Master Seal. This rail shooting minigame awards 100 Bond Fragments each time you play.
As you can see, there is a wealth of different ways to get Bond Fragments, and you should never find yourself running too low. If you need any other tips, such as how to swap Emblem rings or recharge them, make sure to check out our Fire Emblem Engage guides hub.