ArcheAge Skill Set Guide - Sorcery
With the way the ArcheAge class system works, players will need to know what each skill set brings to the table. In my first series of ArcheAge guides I'll cover each skill set and what they offer.
Sorcery is your typical glass cannon mage skill set. This skill set works extremely well with Occultism and Witchcraft. When you want to bring that extra damage to your magic attacks this is the skill set to consider. You'll have access to several AoE damage abilities for taking on large groups of enemies. Just keep an eye on your mana and health as both can deplete quickly.
Here I'll list all the skills of and what they do. I'll split the lists up between active skills and passive skills to make the list easier to read.
These are your attacks, heals, or defensive abilities depending on the skill set.
- Flamebolt: Deals Magic Damage to an enemy. Can be used up to 3 times in a row without triggering a cooldown. Attack 1: Inflicts Burning for 3.2 seconds. Attack 3: Converts 20% of damage dealt to Subdued enemies to mana; inflicts Conflagration on Burning enemies. All 3 attacks deal 12% additional damage on Chilled targets. Fast skill; no cooldown. Hold down for continuous use.
- Freezing Arrow: Fires a freezing arrow at an enemy, dealing Magic Damage and reducing Move Speed for 4 seconds.
- Insulating Lens: Creates a protective ward around the caster. The protection ward prevents those inside from being Tripped and increases Physical Defense by 700. Falls after absorbing 561 damage. Increases stealth detection by 200%.
- Arc Lightning: Fires lightning bolts dealing Magic Damage and Shocking an enemy. Deals Magic Damage of 8 seconds to Shocked enemies; also Shocks all other enemies within 2 meters. When this skill levels up it increases damage and cast time.
- Freezing Earth: Deals damage to all enemies within 8 meters with a chance to Snare for 2.7 seconds. Snare duration reduced by 50% in PvP.
- Searing Rain: Rains down fire on all enemies in a 10 meter radius for 7 seconds, dealing Magic Damage.
- Frigid Tracks: Freezes your footprints for 15 seconds. The ice Freezes any enemies who step on it, but melts in 4 seconds.
- Magic Circle: Summons a Magic Circle around the caster for 20 seconds. Increases Magic Attack and Magic Crit Rate while within the magic circle.
- Chain Lightning: Fires lightning bolts dealing Magic Damage and Shocking an enemy. May also affect other enemies within 5 meters. Can strike up to 5 times dealing 50% less damage with each subsequent hit.
- Flame Barrier: Calls forth a wall of fire that deals Fire Damage and Slows for 5 seconds.
- Meteor Strike: Calls down a meteor, dealing Magic Damage to all enemies in the target area. Also inflicts Trips on all enemies hit for 3 seconds.
- God's Whip: Calls down lightning on a target area to deal Magic Damage to enemies in a 6 meter radius; inflicts Electrick Shock on enemies within a 5 meter radius. Can be used consecutively up to 5 times, with each attack dealing more damage but costing more mana.
Passive skills require a certain amount of skill points used within the set to allow point allocation into them. Passive skills buff the skill set once you unlock them, allowing for easier combat. In addition to the skill's effect, I'll list how many spent points are needed before you can allocate points to the passive skill.
- Mana Pool Increase: Increases max mana by 15%. (Requires 2 points spent in Sorcery.)
- Magic Range Boost: Increases the range for Sorcery skills by 5 meters. (Requires 4 points spent in Sorcery.)
- Efficient Sorcery: Decreases the mana cost for Sorcery skills by 15%. (Requires 6 points spent in Sorcery.)
- Mana Flurry: Decreases Cast Time for all skills by 6%. (Requires 7 points spent in Sorcery.)
- Recuperation: Decreases the duration of Sleep and Fear by 10%. (Requires 8 points spent in Sorcery.)
- Magic Precision: Increases Magic Critical Rate by 10%. (Requires 9 points spent in Sorcery.)
- Aranzeb's Infusion: Increases Sorcery skill damage by 15%. (Requires 10 points spent in Sorcery.)
I hope this gives a clear view of what the Sorcery skill set offers your build. For more guides on ArcheAge check my content directory.