Injustice (Mobile) - Deathstroke Arkham Origins Challenge Mode
Players of Injustice: Gods Among Us love Deathstroke. Seriously.
The Bronze version of Deathstroke is one of the strongest and easiest-to-level characters. His 2nd Full-Auto attack can take down Gold level enemies. The Silver level Deathstroke's first Point-Blank double-pistol attack does impressive damage, and it's quick to reload. Both of them gain power for each takedown as well - from his passive ability. The Red Son Deathstroke is also popular among the PvP crowd.
Now the latest member of the Slade Wilson family, is coming right out of Batman: Arkham Origins. The game itself may have not been a complete critical success but... let's be honest - Deathstroke is a badass no matter where he shows up.
The character enjoyed a lot of popularity during his comic book run, appearing in the animated Teen Titans series (the good one), and Manu Bennet's vicious, growling version of him on the CW's Arrow.
So, I'm sure there were some girlish giggles out there when the latest Challenge Mode started last night.
You will have 18 days to complete the challenge, and you start with 25 Challenge Credits to pay for each battle. You will need to buy more in the Shop, or earn them by playing regular battles to finish all five series of challenges.
For each set of battles completed, you get a part of Deathstroke's gear (Grenade, Mask, Rifle, Boots, Pistol). Once you have won all five challenges, a Gold-Level Arkham Origins Deathstroke is added to your collection.
But, you don't need to complete them all to win something.
- 2 Challenges Completed - Free Bronze Booster Pack (worth 8,000 credits)
- 3 Challenges Completed - +15,000 Power Credits
- 4 Challenges Completed - Free Silver Booster Pack (worth 35,000 credits)
Once the Standard Challenge is complete, players can then try the Expert level and up to Nightmare level.
I'm Better at Breaking Things...
- Challenge 1: Bronze Characters Only - Nightwing and Deathstroke are always good. Bronze Harley Quinn's first attack is actually strong.
- Challenge 2: Green Lantern Must Be On Your Team - I lean toward John Stewart's Lantern due to his passive, but Regime is a good second choice.
- Challenge 3: Bronze or Silver Characters Only - I always prefer characters with strong 2nd level attacks.
- Challenge 4: Cyborg Must Be On Your Team - I've not been a Cyborg fan, but Regime's 2nd attack is a killer and Regime or Teen Titan Cyborg (Gold) regenerate their health when they tag out.
- Challenge 5: Green Arrow Must Be On Your Team - The Gold level Arrow version is the guy to have, but the Silver's Hurricane Bow attack is good.
Best of the BestThe ArkhamOrigins Deathstroke has some familiar abilities. First, is the Point Blank 1st attack, similar to the Silver level version.
And his Eye for an Eye attack is familiar territory. Now, comes Identity Crisis. New, but nothing fancy at all. Slade just bashes someone's face in with his rifle butt. In other words, dental records will be needed.
Then, there's his passive ability: Elite Soldier. Unlike previous Deathstrokes, this one does not escalate. Hitting 200% on Point Blank might take a keen eye, but to blast through an opponent's defenses AND get a Critical Bonus?
Very sweet indeed.