Zero Time Dilemma: True Ending and Platinum Guide
Zero Time Dilemma isn't a terribly difficult game to get 100% completion on, but there are a few places where it's easy to get stuck. Here are some tips and tricks to get all the endings, unlock all the files, and seek a way out.
See It All (Good and Bad)
To finish the game, you'll need to make some tough choices. Not just to see all the game's content, but in order to reach the true ending, you'll need to do some very bad things. As one of the game's major mechanics is jumping back and forth in time, you'll be able to do this without much difficulty or consequence. Before you get the true ending, you must do the following (no matter how much you don't want to):
- Execute each team in the initial vote. While you may have successfully spread the votes out the first time, you'll have to go back and vote a few more times. You'll know you did it right when you've seen a three cutscenes, each one showing a different team's death.
- Push the button in the contamination room as each team member. While doing so will lead to a game over each time, you'll still need to do it. Don't worry, you'll get some important exposition as well, so no one will die in vain.
- For 100% completion, you'll need to watch all the "Game Overs" as well. As counter-intuitive as it seems, you have to do this to platinum the game. Several of them also feature some important foreshadowing as well, so it's not a complete waste of time.
Get All the Codes
During the "Force Quit" box sections, you'll need a set of passwords to escape. You'll get these from completing other character's endings, but if you forgot, here they are once again:
- For Team Q, their are two passwords, found in the "Reality" fragment and Q-END: 2. They are 38080832 and 61404091.
- For Team, C, the password is found in C-END: 1. It's VIVEHODIE.
- For Team D, the password is actually two items found in D-END: 2, and they're probably the easiest to guess. Type in "Brooch" and either "Blue Bird" or "Music Box"
- Additionally, Team D has another password in the "Door of Truth" fragment. The password is the "twin's birthday," or 11162029
The Final Easter Egg: The Perceptive End
During the "Mexican standoff" scene on Team Q's route, you'll notice that their are four endings. While the first three endings are easy to guess, (shoot Mira, shoot Eric, shoot no one) the last might be a little bit of a puzzle. However, the answer is a huge spoiler for the finale's big reveal, so you should only do this once you've finished Q-END: 2, or you're at the very least really, really sure what Zero's true identity is.
If you tried to get this ending before, you probably noticed that you can't shoot yourself, but if you type "Q," you'll get a message asking for his real name. "Sean" won't work either. The correct option is, of course, the real Q's true identity: Delta. Do this, and you'll get a neat little Easter egg ending.