Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands Best Weapons and Attachments Guide
Vanilla versions of weapons are good for starting out in Ghost Recon: Wildlands, but as you’re getting deeper into the Santa Blanca cartel, you will need something more. This is where all the attachments come in handy. But how do you know which of them fits your weapon the best when there are so many of them?
This guide will help you find and create the best weapon-attachments combinations for your missions. Each attachment has its own purpose and knowing how all of them work will give you a massive advantage.
Best Assault Rifles in Ghost Recon: Wildlands
Undoubtedly, the fastest assault rifle in Wildlands is a French G2, also known as FAMAS. You can find it in the Inca Camina region. It has a bullpup configuration, which creates strong blowbacks during the shooting.
You need the following attachments:
- Foregrip is necessary to stabilize the powerful G2.
- You can find several versions of foregrip in Itacua, Monte Puncu, Pucara, and La Cruz.
- 1x-3x scope provides better accuracy on a short distance.
- You will find it in Monte Puncu.
- 50 round magazines are a must with this type of weapon.
- Find these extended magazines at Caimanes and Libertad.
In terms of accuracy and range there is no better rifle than MK 17, also known as the SCAR. It is a gas-operated, short-stroke, self-loading rifle with a rotating bolt – a truly unique type of weapon. It is located at Flor de Oro.
Make it even better with these accessories:
- Russian Red Dot will make the MK 17 super precise -- headshots guaranteed.
- This type of optics can be found at Villa Verde.
- Shift Short Angled Grip is needed, since it’s not very stable on its own, but now it will be.
- The grip can be located at Barvechos.
Best Sniper Rifles in Ghost Recon: Wildlands
The MK 14 battle sniper rifle is a masterpiece of weapon design, which was specifically created for the US special operations units. It is also one of the most versatile sniper rifles in the game with lots of possible attachments.
You'll need these two attachments the most:
- Digital Scope can be used at short to mid distances with great accuracy.
- There is only one at Monte Puncu.
- T5Xi tactical scope has the highest magnification in the game -- 6.0x.
- It’s perfect at extreme distances -- go get one at Koani.
If you don’t care about the fancy features of MK 14, such as selective fire or a higher fire rate, and all you want is to take out targets at any distance then consider grabbing HTI in the province of Montuyoc.
This bullpup bolt-action, anti-materiel sniper rifle will tear apart anything you want from the furthest possible distance. It may be noisy, but the damage it provides is matchless.
Best Submachine and Light Machine Guns in Ghost Recon: Wildlands
SR 635 is so powerful that it really shouldn’t be in the SMG category, but due to its compact size it cannot be called an assault rifle either. Anyway, this little buddy is unusually powerful and great in handling – you can find it in Ocoro.
It could get better if it were equipped with:
- Laser 3Dot can be well-used for better accuracy in close combat.
- The one for SMGs can be located in Tabacal.
- Compensator is by far the best alternative to a suppressor and makes the SMG more stable.
- There is one in Barvechos.
6P41 is a Russian general-purpose light machine gun, also known as Pecheneg. This thing is made of titanium parts and can withstand high temperatures, so if you like assault playstyle (aka Rambo mode), then this is the weapon for you. This bad boy is located in Media Luna.
Here’s what it needs:
- Vertical Grip is a must if you plan on using the LMG in the field.
- You can find such grip in Itacua.
Best Gun and Shotgun in Ghost Recon: Wildlands
There is only one worthy handgun in Ghost Recon: Wildlands, and that is D-50, also known as Desert Eagle. This semi-automatic self-loading pistol can be located at the province of Libertad.
There isn’t much to customize on a handgun except maybe the larger magazine that can be snatched in Koani.
SASG-12 is a 12-gauge shotgun inspired by the famous Kalashnikov assault rifles. It comes in many configurations, there are two of them in Wildlands -- one is in P.N. Agua de Verde and the other in La Cruz.
If you need to locate the rest of the weapons and attachments in Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands, then follow these guides: