FFXIV: Complete Hildibrand Quest List and Requirements
The Hildibrand quests may have been mysteriously absent during Shadowbringers, but they're back in Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker. Not only that, but at the end of the questline, you can get your hands on the expansion's Manderville weapons, which function as Endwalker's Relic armaments.
The Hildibrand questline runs from A Realm Reborn up to Endwalker, with a break in Shadowbringers. It's the longest questline in the MMO outside of the Main Scenario Quests and takes several hours to complete even when rushing through and desyncing some of the content.
With that in mind, we've put together a list of all the Hildibrand quests in FFXIV and where to start them, as they often do not indicate where you need to go for the next one.
FFXIV Hildibrand Quest Locations
Each expansion's Hildibrand quests require you to have completed the expansion's final main patch MSQ, which will be titled after the expansion. These are blue quests, meaning they have blue icons on the map.
FFXIV A Realm Reborn Hildibrand Quests
To start the initial quest, you need to have completed the ARR quest, The Ultimate Weapon.
- The Rise and Fall of Gentlemen — Ul'dah - Steps of Nald (X:9.8, Y:8.7)
- Back in the Saddle — Southern Thanalan (X:21.5, Y:39.1)
- After Her Own Heart — Ul'dah - Steps of Nald (X:9.8, Y:8.7)
- The Immaculate Deception — Ul'dah - Steps of Nald (X:8.3, Y:11.1)
- The Science of Deduction — Eastern Thanalan (X:10.9, Y:16.4)
- The Hammer — Western Thanalan (X:20.1, Y:24.6)
- Manderville Men — Northern Thanalan (X:23.6, Y:23.9)
- The Three Collectors — Western Thanalan (X:13.1, Y:14.1)
- The Business of Betrothal — Western Thanalan (X:13.0, Y:14.1)
- A Burst of Inspiration — Eastern La Noscea (X:32.0, Y:32.6)
- Seeds of Rebellion — Western La Noscea (X:27.7, Y:28.3)
- A Case of Indecency — Eastern La Noscea (X:20.5, Y:21.6)
- Eight-armed and Dangerous — Eastern La Noscea (X:32.0, Y:30.4)
- What Price Victory — Ul'dah - Steps of Nald (X:8.3, Y:11.1)
- The Trouble with Truffles — Ul'dah - Steps of Nald (X:8.3, Y:11.1)
- The Coliseum Conundrum — Ul'dah - Steps of Thal (X:14.0, Y:10.0)
- Shades of Sil'dih — Ul'dah - Steps of Thal (X:9.8, Y:11.2)
- Sibling Strife — Western Thanalan (X:28.7, Y:24.9)
- Beneath the Mask — Ul'dah - Steps of Thal (X:12.0, Y:11.7)
- Truths Untold — Ul'dah - Steps of Thal (X:12.0, Y:11.8)
- Her Last Vow — Ul'dah - Steps of Thal (X:12.0, Y:11.8)
FFXIV Heavensward Hildibrand Quests
To initiate these Hildibrand quests, you need to have finished the Her Last Vow Hildibrand quest, as well as completed the MSQ titled Heavensward.
- A Gentleman Falls, Rather than Flies — The Pillars (X:5.9, Y:9.9)
- Don't Call It a Comeback — Coerthas Western Highlands (X:18.1, Y:10.9)
- The Gigi Situation — Foundation (X:9.9, Y:11.4)
- The Measure of a Mammet — The Pillars (X:6.0, Y:9.9)
- A Gazebo to Call Our Own — Foundation (X:9.9, Y:11.4)
- Don't Trust Anyone over Sixty — Idyllshire (X:6.3, Y:7.8)
- The Proud and the Pointy-eyed — Foundation (X:9.9, Y:11.4)
- If I Could Turn Back Time — The Dravanian Forelands (X:20.3, Y:22.1)
FFXIV Stormblood Hildibrand Quests
To start these quests, you need to have finished If I Could Turn Back Time from the Heavensward Hildibrand quests, as well as finished the MSQ titled Stormblood quest.
- A Hingan Tale: Nashu Goes East — Kugane (X:10.6, Y:9.8)
- Life Imitates Art Imitates Life — Kugane (X:11.7, Y:8.8)
- Of Wolves and Gentlemen — The Ruby Sea (X:38.1, Y:38.1)
- In the Eye of the Hingan — Kugane (X:13.2, Y:13.3)
- The Blade Mislaid — Kugane (X:10.0, Y:7.8)
- The Black Heart Beneath — Kugane (X:12.5, Y:8.1)
- Good Swords, Good Dogs — Kugane (X:12.1, Y:5.9)
- The Past Is Never Past — Kugane (X:10.5, Y:8.1)
- Don't Do the Dewprism — Kugane (X:11.7, Y:8.8)
FFXIV Endwalker Quests
To start the Endwalker Hildibrand quests, you need to finish the Don't Do the Dewprism quest in Stormblood's Hildibrand questline as well as the MSQ quest titled Endwalker.
The last two quests listed are the Manderville weapon Relic quests.
- The Sleeping Gentleman — Radz-at-Han (X:11.8, Y:11.2)
- A Soulful Reunion — Lakeland (X:25.8, Y:26.0)
- Lunar Conspiracy — Radz-at-Han (X:11.8, Y:11.2)
- The Imperfect Gentleman — Mare Lamentorum (X:27.9, Y:35.7)
- Make It a Manderville — Radz-At-Han (X:11.8, Y:11.2)
- Make Another Manderville — Radz-At-Han Radz-at-Han (X:12.0, Y:7.2)
It takes a long time to get through these missions, but you're going to want to do it for the cosmetic and emote rewards you get along the way. The Hildibrand quests are also easily the silliest you'll find in Final Fantasy XIV. Hopefully, this list mitigates some of the fatigue from pushing through the entire questline, particularly the ARR portion. If you found this guide helpful, check out our other FFXIV guides here on GameSkinny.