V Rising Servants Guide: How to Recruit and Use Them
V Rising players can use special powers on humans to recruit them as servants. You can turn only humans into vampires, and this ability does not affect creatures or the undead.
Our guide will provide you with tips on how to recruit and use servants in V Rising. You'll need to focus on crafting extra elements for your castle, as well as find specific jobs for your servants of looting blood, knowledge, or other resources.
How to Recruit Servants in V Rising
Unlock Dominating Presence
Players can turn humans into their servants using the Kiss of the Vampire skill, which is available only in the Dominating Presence power state.
You will automatically unlock Dominating Presence power right after you finish the tutorial stage of the game, around the time you get to crafting with Greater Blood Essence. Kiss of the Vampire is the only skill you'll have while Dominating Presence is up to start.
You can switch back to your other powers at any point by once again using the power wheel.
Once you've got the Kiss of the Vampire skill, follow these steps:
- Attack and reduce the HP of the human target to about 30%.
- Activate Kiss of the Vampire skill.
- Aim at the human and hold attack button, draining their life.
- Wait for the charm of the skill to take effect.
The human target will fall under your control once their HP drops below 30%. At that point it will follow you and fight for you. But that's not it yet!
Transform Servants in Coffins
If you wish to modify stats of your servants and their gear, then you need to get them through a complete transformation inside coffins.
Servant coffins can be crafted in your castle, and the amount of coffins available to you depend on the heart level of your castle.
You can build a coffin through the Dominance menu, using the following recipe:
- 16 Plank
- 8 Copper Ingot
- 1 Greater Blood Essence
Once you bring a human to the coffin in your castle, do the following:
- Interact with the empty coffin by pressing F.
- Select "Convert" feature.
- Wait for the transformation to complete.
- Click on the coffin again once it's over.
- Select "RISE" in the servant menu to summon a servant.
Now you will have access to the servant's character menu, where you can change their gear, name, and improve their stats. You can also see their perks and abilities there.
How to Use Servants in V Rising
Choose Your Servants
You can typically find humans all over, but what's really important is to recruit a servant with the highest possible blood quality. The higher it is, the better it will perform once it is transformed.
Another important thing to keep in mind is the blood type of your servants, as it determines their skills, such as:
- Brute: Reduces difficulty by 100 when hunting in harsh environments.
- Rogue: Reduces difficulty by 100 when hunting in areas inhabited by creatures and demons.
- Scholar: Reduces difficulty by 100 when hunting in areas protected by the elements.
- Warrior: Reduces difficulty by 100 when hunting in fortified areas.
- Worker: Reduces difficulty by 100 when infiltrating settlements.
Build Castle Throne
Castle Throne allows players to control and use their servants by tasking them with specific missions. This technology is unlocked as soon as you rise your first servant from the coffin.
It becomes available in the same Dominance menu, where you craft your coffins, using the following recipe:
- 24 Stone Brick
- 16 Iron Ingot
- 4 Greater Blood Essence
Once it is crafted, you need to interact with it by pressing F, and then follow these steps:
- Open the world map.
- Select a location of your choice.
- Select "Click to Add" option in the new window.
- Choose your servant from the list.
- Confirm by pressing "Let the Hunt Begin".
This action will send your servant to the chosen location, which they will successfully loot for you. If you keep your servants inside the castle, they will protect it from anyone who tries to break inside.
Remember to equip your servants with the best possible weapons and armor, or they can get easily killed during their loot missions.
But if you lose a servant, don't worry, as you can always revive it by following these steps:
- Click on the servant's coffin.
- Select "Resurrect" option to revive it.
- Select "Summon" option to summon it back to its coffin.
Lastly, in case you are not happy with your servant, you can select "Terminate" option in the coffin to permanently get rid of a certain servant.
- V Rising: How to Salvage
- Greater Blood Essence and Unsullied Hearts Guide
- V Rising Console Commands Guide
- How to Get a Roof for Your Castle
- V Rising: How to Get Leather
That's all you need to know on how to recruit and use servants in V Rising. Also, be sure to check out the rest of the V Rising tips and tricks articles on our dedicated hub page.