WWE 2K19 Guide: How to Face Scan a Character
One of the best parts about the 2K Sports games is that you can put your own face on characters in the game. And as you might expect, WWE 2K19 also offers the face scan feature.
But unlike NBA 2K19, which uses a mobile face app and makes the face scan feature really simple to use, WWE 2K19 requires you to manually upload your face to the game. This can get really complicated if you don't know what to do.
If you're wondering how to scan your face into the game, just follow our step-by-step guide below.
Step 1: Take a Photo
You can take a photo of your face either by, well, using your phone (at this point, we all know how to take selfies). However, here are a few things to keep in mind when taking a photo so it works in WWE 2K19.
- Use good lighting: Illuminate your face as much as possible without washing it out
- Use a clean background: To make the process easier, stand against a white background, like a wall
- Keep shadows out: Shadows make it harder for WWE 2K19 to recognize all of your facial features
- Capture your face and shoulders only: There's no need for a full body shot
- Don't smile or wear glasses, hats, etc: Since tech is a fickle beast, smiling or wearing items like glasses or hats will throw things off
The TL;DR is that your photo should look like your driver's license or other photo ID.
Step 2: Upload Your Photo
After you've uploaded your photo, you need to upload it to your game by following these steps:
- Go to https://www.wwe2k.com/upload
- Upload your picture in Face Photo tab
- Start WWE 2K19
- In the main menu, choose Community Creations
- Go to Image Manager
- Choose your image from the Incoming tab
- Click on Download
This procedure will save your photo in the game, which can now be applied to the character of your choice.
Step 3: Adjust Face Parameters
Now you can apply your photo in the Face menu of your character. Here's how you do it:
- Go to Face Photo Capture
- Choose your photo
- Use controls to match your photo with the character
- Use Face Deformation feature to pick up the matching skin color
WWE 2K19 offers a huge number of other face structure adjustments you can use to make your character look exactly like you. So play around with a few of them and see which parameters fit you the best.
That is all on how to face scan a character in WWE 2K19, but be sure to come back soon for more related guides here at GameSkinny!