Hay Day Guides: The Animal Shelters on the Farm
Hay Day farms are havens for both working and non-working animals. You can purchase, and are sometimes given, animals you can use around the farm.
You need a place to keep the animals you have around the farm. These buildings are called Animal Shelters. Each shelter is a safe haven for a specific number of animals and costs a specific amount of coins.
Some of the different types of Animal Shelters are available more than once and the cost increases with each shelter you add.
Below we talk about each type of Animal Shelter you can get to make your Hay Day farm more fun and profitable to operate.
The Hay Day Goat Yard
- 1st Goat Yard costs 1000 coins and is unlocked at level 32
- Hay Day farmers can have up to 3 shelters for goats
- Each shelter houses up to 4 goats
- Farmers can build a second Goat Yard at level 37 and the third at level 50
Hay Day Sheep Pastures
- Hay Day farmers have access to their first Sheep Pasture at level 16
- Each shelter can hold up to 5 sheep
- Sheep grow wool which can be removed and used in the Loom to make goods
- First Sheep Pasture costs 300 coins
- Can build a second sheep shelter at level 26
- Each Hay Day Stable houses up to 3 horses
- Costs 10000 coins to build first Stable
- Can build up to three Stables
- Houses up to 2 donkeys in each pen
- Hay Day farmers can only build 1 Goat Stable
- Unlocks at level 43
- Costs 25000 coins to build
The Hay Day Pig Pen
- Costs 150 coins to build first pen
- Unlocks at level 3
- Houses up to 5 pigs
- Can build up to 3 enclosures
Hay Day Chicken Coops
- Unlocks at level 1
- Costs 5 coins to build first Chicken Coop
- Build up to 3 shelters
- Each houses up to 6 chickens
- Hay Day Cow Pastures hold up to 5 cows each
- Can have as many as 3 pastures for cows
- Unlocks at level 6
- Costs 20 coins to build first pasture
Hay Day Dog Houses
- Costs 1000 coins to build first Dog House
- Can build up to 2 Dog Houses
- Each holds up to 3 dogs
- Unlocks at level 20
- Hay Day farmers can build up to 2 Cat Houses for the farm
- 3 cats can live in each shelter
- Costs 500 coins to build first shelter
- Unlocks at level 21
Building as many Animal Shelters as you can. This adds to the farm and makes it a nicer place for animals to live and work.
Time to start building!
Check out more of our Hay Day Guides.