Quest Acquired: All The PAX Booths!
This isn't my first PAX. Usually, I would go to the expo hall and just browse, maybe grab some t-shirts if possible. But this time, I felt like I needed something new to do. Something specific. A mission.... So I ripped out one of the expo floor maps from a schedule book, grabbed a pen, and stared down the enemy.
I decided to hit every single booth at pax east. I haven't counted yet, but I know it's over 200. As of this writing, I am approximately 20 booths away from completing my mission. So, how does one do this with only a weekend to spare and what can you get out of it?
- Hit the small/indie booths first.
- Their demos and lines are usually very short
- Some have surprisingly neat/original swag.
- Make your way around the outer ring
- This gives you a great awareness of the area once you move to the inner booths.
- Skip lines of things you're not interested in. Ask the exhibitors for their swag directly.
- Don't be afraid to wait, or work, for your swag.
- Talk with the indie guys. They're neat.
- USE A MAP AND MARK IT!
- There are so many booths you will never keep track on your own.
- Swag. Swag. Swag.
- This includes t-shirts, rubix cubes, hardware, software, fake weapopns, water bottles, bags, mouse pads, etc.
- Connections. Indie companies, especially, love making connections with developers and designers.
- New friends!
- BRAGGING RIGHTS
Go on. HF. DD.