Pokemon Sun and Moon Guide: How to Find and Catch Kommo-O
Every generation of Pokemon has what's known as a pseudo legendary. These Pokemon are always extremely rare -- they all have three evolutionary forms and a base stat total of 600. In the past, we've seen Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamance, Metagross, Garchomp, Hydreigon, and Goodra. And in Pokemon Sun and Moon, Kommo-O has joined their ranks.
In this guide, I'll be going over how you can catch the Dragon/Fighting type Kommo-O in the wild, thus becoming just a bit closer to completing your Pokedex.
Also, when you're done with this guide, remember to check out our other guides for Pokemon Sun and Moon.
- The Best Teams in Pokemon Sun and Moon (And How To Catch Them)
- How to Get a Razor Claw in Pokemon Sun and Moon
- Pokemon Sun and Moon Competitive Guide: EV Training
- Pokemon Sun and Moon Guide: How to Get Type: Null and Cosmog
How To Catch Kommo-O
Kommo-O, along with its pre-evolutions, Jangmo-O and Hakamo-O, can be found in both Sun and Moon at the Poni Canyon. Specifically, in the patch of grass right outside the Altar of the Sunne or Moon, depending on your version, you have a small chance of encountering Jangmo-O.
Once you find a wild Jangmo-O, here's what you do.
- Use an Adrenaline Orb, which, if you don't have any, can be purchased at any Pokemon Center.
- Damage Jangmo-O. It dosen't matter how much so long as you don't make it faint.
- At this point, Jangmo-O will call for help, and a Hakamo-O will appear. Once it does, make the Jangmo-O faint.
- Damage Hakamo-O, and, your Adrenaline Orb still in effect, Hakamo-O will call for help from its fully evolved form, Kommo-O.
- Make Hakamo-O faint.
- Damage and catch Hakamo-O.
Congratulations! You now have one of the most powerful non-legendary Pokemon in Sun and Moon!